Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looking at buying this 3wheeler. Shaft drive,elect. start,with reverse. Anyone know much about them?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Good machine in its day, basically a BigRed with rear suspension. They usually had a rear rack on them, the one that I had never though. Most parts will interchange with the BigRed and the TRX250 Fourtrax.
Durable motors, but the timming chains stretch and start slapping over time. Fairly easy to change.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good machine in its day, basically a BigRed with rear suspension. They usually had a rear rack on them, the one that I had never though. Most parts will interchange with the BigRed and the TRX250 Fourtrax.
Durable motors, but the timming chains stretch and start slapping over time. Fairly easy to change.
Thanks for the reply. It did remind me of my uncles big red. Dude said he had the rack. Its got to have the rack. That comes in handy!

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have one 86 and a 85 parts bike and one of the big things with the 250sx is the rear diff. when you buy it drain the oil out of the diff and put fresh gear oil in it.Make sure there is no water in the oil when you take drain it out. They have a problem with getin water in there and messing up the diff. happen to me 2 times. I took and use the copper rtv sealer and fixed the problem.They are great running bikes they will run forever, never had a problem bside the rear diff goin up in it.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
I had an 86' model new when I was 16, was pretty cool bike, really wanted 250R or 350X but Dad wouldn't go for it. My dad got anew Big Red the same day and still has it and looks great.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have one 86 and a 85 parts bike and one of the big things with the 250sx is the rear diff. when you buy it drain the oil out of the diff and put fresh gear oil in it.Make sure there is no water in the oil when you take drain it out. They have a problem with getin water in there and messing up the diff. happen to me 2 times. I took and use the copper rtv sealer and fixed the problem.They are great running bikes they will run forever, never had a problem bside the rear diff goin up in it.
Thanks for the tip! I was gona try and find a service manuel and go over the bike. I was impressed how quiet the motor was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts