Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? I'm fixing to start this project with a buddy in the next few weeks. I have no idea where to start. We have a 2002 2500 truck that has been wrecked to rob the parts from. I can make the engine fit but the electronics is where I'm lost. Do they make a swap harness or do I figure out how to piece the 2002 harness in? Just looking for a little direction.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Check out the Diesel Page . Jim Bigley did on in the newer body style truck . My understanding is that you will need a body lift to get the Allison in there .

·
Registered
419 Posts
The wiring isn't that hard to do in all honesty if you have basic soldering skilss and enough patience to sit down and go over the wiring diagrams to see what you do and don't need. PPE will modify your harness, but last I checked they got $1200 to do it. Ben at BT was doing them for awhile for about half what PPE was, but I don't know if he is right now. Fitting the engine into the older square body can prove to be a chore as it is a tight fit. If it is a 2WD, you will have to do some oil pan modifications to get it to fit down in by the cross member and steering linkage. Head over to BIGLEYS page as there is some info over there on DURAMAX swaps into this body style. www.thedieselpage.com

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts
Go to Pirate4x4 and look around im sure several are there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts