Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals I just put a 85-86 4 eye nose on the 93 radial car and I am need of a 6 inch cowl hood for it. I am having trouble finding companies that make any bigger than 2.5 inches.. Let me know what companies make them any help would be great and really appreciated, I am looking fiberglass to keep cost down alittle and the closer to NC the better.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's A no go on oh nothing big enough and motor city is what I would love but really done want to spend a grand ... Anyone else out there? How hard is it to cut a 93s cowl to fit anyone ever done it or had it done?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
From Glasstek's website:

Ford Mustang 1983-1986 H9018 Mustang 5" cowl induction pin on hood TR $340.00
Ford Mustang 1983-1986 H9019 Mustang 5" cowl induction bolt on hood TR $480.00

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
This POS on my old car was a champion with about 20+ hrs of work in it to get it "close".... Spend the $$ and get a quality piece it will save you in the long run .

·
Registered
530 Posts
This POS on my old car was a champion with about 20+ hrs of work in it to get it "close".... Spend the $$ and get a quality piece it will save you in the long run .
This. I've done the same thing (not with Champion) and was sorely disgusted after repeatedly blocking and priming. The next "go-around" I bought an H.O. Fibertrends. Fit liked it was supposed to and didn't require a ton of work. Money well spent.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had what is called a 6" from Kaenen it's a really nice bolt on. Not sure if there still around or what they offer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Champion Hoods are hit and miss! Have had several of there hoods and I have had a issue with one of them! Met him at a race and he exchanged it with no problem. When getting there hoods pick them up at a show or race where you can see them in person.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts