Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what springs would you guys rec in an el co , front and rear, customer dropped off a car today , has bags in the car currently. The plan is to remove bags , build a 9 inch, willwoods all the way around, upper and lower rear arms, and mybe front arms, will have a 355 with a YSI.
what springs would you rec and what rear arms

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I had a 66 elco with a 440" sbc. I used moroso trick springs in the front with trz arms and in the back I used Dick Miller's rear suspension with his springs. I would convert it to a 2.5" coil over spring. You can buy the 2.5" spring cups at any type circle track place. Just hold them in place and weld them in up top. How does the bottom of the spring go in? Mine had a flat plate that came off the rear end. I would even install some 2.5" adjusters so you can adjust spring hieght. Make sure to install a anit roll bar and some no hop bars with double adjustable rear shocks. You can make the elco's work. I could leave off the brake with no delay and spray 250hp of Nitrous off the line on a 275 radial.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a 66 elco with a 440" sbc. I used moroso trick springs in the front with trz arms and in the back I used Dick Miller's rear suspension with his springs. I would convert it to a 2.5" coil over spring. You can buy the 2.5" spring cups at any type circle track place. Just hold them in place and weld them in up top. How does the bottom of the spring go in? Mine had a flat plate that came off the rear end. I would even install some 2.5" adjusters so you can adjust spring hieght. Make sure to install a anit roll bar and some no hop bars with double adjustable rear shocks. You can make the elco's work. I could leave off the brake with no delay and spray 250hp of Nitrous off the line on a 275 radial.
Right now it has some chicken shit brackets for the bags, i am going to put the car up in the air in the morning and see what was done to install the bags and what has to be cut out. I will get some figures together for the rearend and front end and go from there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts