Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this seems like a repost but my last thread was about which turbo.. didn't get much help so i am going to start a build thread that i will update when i can!! Thanks hope you follow along

Ive already got some helpful info from a few users on here.

After going through a stock 4.6 with some nitrous from Induction Solutions its time to move on.. Car went a best of 10.9s at 127mph

Here is my new build in the works

Teskid Aluminum block
.20 over Compression is 10:1
Kellogg 8 bolt crank
Manley i beam billet pro series rods
Diamond pistons with stainlesss rings and .180 tool steel pin
clevite main/rod bearings
arp everything
tss 4v billet oil pump
d.s.s girdle
canton 7qt oil pan
38cc trickflow heads (out of the box)
gt500 lash adjusters/rockers
innovative west balancer
Stock water pump

Couple things im still looking into and would like opinions on.

Who is the best at 2c custom gring turbo cams?

Which turbo to go with? Im looking at s400 76mm with 92mm wheel and race cover from LilJohn Motorsports

***Car is a 5 speed** note when chiming in on a turbo

CG Fab hotside seems like it is my best bang for my buck.

Next..Intake manifold... i have the eddy manifold with 6061 plenum and 75mm tb.. Is this my best option going with this turbo setup or is there something better? NOTE: i don't want sheet metal as it is not legal in most classes i would be able to participate in.

Car is going to run off Holley EFI and will have LS coils.

What do you think of the goals.. Realistic or not? If not why? I can use meth if needed but the block is built 1000+hp rated.

·
Registered
356 Posts
honestly making that kind of hp on a 2v extremely difficult. Not saying it cant be done, just saying ive seen guys over and over dump money into them only to be depressed leaving the dyno or track

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I understand that making 800 on a 2v is hard but I have actually seen a lot of people do it and or get very close. I figure that goal is not to far off with correct turbo an etc.

Why am I not going 4v heads. Long story short
I bought these trickflows for my old motor which was suppose to be "built" when I pulled stock heads to put these on I saw it was not.. Decided I'm not putting them on a stock motor, so sold that and went ahead and started new build and here I am..

With the teskid block and putting 4v heads on do you see a lot more gains? Is there a lot more options? Would anything need changed?

Also staying stick shift because its a street car.. Will be driven a lot and I want to compete in some of the stick shift shootouts/classes. Understand its not the greatest with turbo but its been done. Either way I will have couple grand building a transmission.

All opinions greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
honestly making that kind of hp on a 2v extremely difficult. Not saying it cant be done, just saying ive seen guys over and over dump money into them only to be depressed leaving the dyno or track
This is true, made 640whp outta my 2v with a d1 on it and dumped alot of money to get there. As far as your question for a 4v head swap, the only thing your really using is a short block that is interchangable. Heads,cams,chains,timing cover,intake etc. You seem to have good parts so why go 4v and start over

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you're using the stock transmission it will soon blow up on the dragstrip. I've blown up my input shaft twice (only mid 400s rwhp). Will be installing a T56 Magnum (street/strip car).

·
Registered
356 Posts
This is true, made 640whp outta my 2v with a d1 on it and dumped alot of money to get there. As far as your question for a 4v head swap, the only thing your really using is a short block that is interchangable. Heads,cams,chains,timing cover,intake etc. You seem to have good parts so why go 4v and start over
we had a Vortech v series or p or whatever the baby one is making around the same thing. a2a, ported heads, cams, rod piston motor, with one of those fancy logan intakes

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're using the stock transmission it will soon blow up on the dragstrip. I've blown up my input shaft twice (only mid 400s rwhp). Will be installing a T56 Magnum (street/strip car).
Actually i had planned to have zac from the t45 source build me the 1000hp tr3650. I feel its a little more then a used t56 but how much can the stock t56 hold before parts need upgraded?
Thanks again

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got a 2valve come nov.going after the record.just went 838 169 on soft tune 140 sixty 540 133 to 1/8,really nothing special about it all off the shelf parts other than bullet cams

·
1-877-MOD-POWR
1,550 Posts
In regards to cams let us know if we can help you, MMR Turbo cams have powered the worlds fastest modulars for years and use current technology with everything we learn at the track being built into every set. A nice set of Billet 2V cams will set you back just $649, we will even guarantee that if someone elses cams makes more power we will give you your money back! Best of luck with your project and let us know if we can help with anything else!

MMR
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will let you know thanks. But I am interested in the 87-93 throttle bracket you guys make for people using the 90mm throttle body on these cars.

Thanks

In regards to cams let us know if we can help you, MMR Turbo cams have powered the worlds fastest modulars for years and use current technology with everything we learn at the track being built into every set. A nice set of Billet 2V cams will set you back just $649, we will even guarantee that if someone elses cams makes more power we will give you your money back! Best of luck with your project and let us know if we can help with anything else!

MMR
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

·
1-877-MOD-POWR
1,550 Posts
I will let you know thanks. But I am interested in the 87-93 throttle bracket you guys make for people using the 90mm throttle body on these cars.

Thanks

No problem, which cable did you want to use?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone have opinions of timing chain kit? Stay OEM or get the Trickflow billet timing chain kit?

Same on waterpump its a street car so im assuming the stock one will do just fine.

Updates: ordering parts just waiting for more things to arrive before i start working on it. Pictures will be added soon

thanks for all the help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts