Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used 5 gal cell i want to use on my current car. It has 2 -8 outlets. I don't think one -8 is going to flow enough for a big block on meth. Would a y block improve flow or would one leg impede the other so it'll basically still flow the same amount as a single -8. Can't really wrap my head around the idea of it working or not. I thought about cutting a -8 off and putting on a -10 but the cell is powdercoated black and didn't want to mess it up. But if a y block won't work I'll just have to

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a used 5 gal cell i want to use on my current car. It has 2 -8 outlets. I don't think one -8 is going to flow enough for a big block on meth. Would a y block improve flow or would one leg impede the other so it'll basically still flow the same amount as a single -8. Can't really wrap my head around the idea of it working or not. I thought about cutting a -8 off and putting on a -10 but the cell is powdercoated black and didn't want to mess it up. But if a y block won't work I'll just have to
Unless you're at extreme angles (rock climbing), I don't think you'll have a problem with flow as two lines coming off the tank will consistently have fuel in them, especially if the split is a short run (e.g., directly off the tank). I suggest using a -8AN to -12AN Y-Block like this one: MagnaFuel MP-6228: Y-Fitting | JEGS

There will be a decrease in flow, however, I think it'll be negligible as the fuel pump will dictate the flow rate. You can flow test by measuring the elapsed time it takes to fill a measured container and compare results. Ideally, testing with a fuel pump would be best, but you can option without by just measuring flow at the fittings. For example ("crude" method), start with the two -8AN outputs, fill the tank with water and allow the water to drain into a 1 gal bucket, then do the same with the Y-block and compare results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts