Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
My Nova has a rear cell feeding a Aeromotive 2000 pump with a 8 line and from the pump to the filter and 15 ft to the Mallory reg is an 8 line, then to the carb is a 8 line. It feeds my 960 HP all motor just fine. It pumps a gallon to the carb in 13 seconds. I run a 8 return line off the regulator back to the cell as well. Hope that helps. RM

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well this does not directly answer your question but I think the pump manufacture should be the best to answer that so check out this link.
http://www.tunertools.com/prodimages/Aeromotive/11202.pdf
I understand all of that. But if the engine is only going to use X amout of fuel and a -8 line is enough, why spend the extra changing it over to -10. I would think the -8 would support it, no? The A-2000 pump has the return built into the pump so overheating with the smaller line would not be an issue.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Nova has a rear cell feeding a Aeromotive 2000 pump with a 8 line and from the pump to the filter and 15 ft to the Mallory reg is an 8 line, then to the carb is a 8 line. It feeds my 960 HP all motor just fine. It pumps a gallon to the carb in 13 seconds. I run a 8 return line off the regulator back to the cell as well. Hope that helps. RM
That answers my question, thanks!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I understand all of that. But if the engine is only going to use X amout of fuel and a -8 line is enough, why spend the extra changing it over to -10. I would think the -8 would support it, no? The A-2000 pump has the return built into the pump so overheating with the smaller line would not be an issue.
As with most thing there is usually more then one solution. I just tends to follow maunfacturers recommendation where possible to avoid any possible problems now or later on down the road.
If you already have -8 run it should be good enough, if you need to run a new line I would run -10 like they recommend.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As with most thing there is usually more then one solution. I just tends to follow maunfacturers recommendation where possible to avoid any possible problems now or later on down the road.
If you already have -8 run it should be good enough, if you need to run a new line I would run -10 like they recommend.
Ya, I have the line already, just dont want to spend the extra $150 if i didn't need to. Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
My friend ran a 10 line because he thought he was having a fuel supply problem. His problem got worse but the bigger line pumped more fuel when he tested it. The theory we came up with was the weight of the added fuel in the bigger line actually made his system pump less full under accelleration. He finally upgraded his pump which fixed his problem. So if that idea is correct bigger lines don't always help. Just something to think about. I only run 8 lines on all my stuff since that happened. RM

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My friend ran a 10 line because he thought he was having a fuel supply problem. His problem got worse but the bigger line pumped more fuel when he tested it. The theory we came up with was the weight of the added fuel in the bigger line actually made his system pump less full under accelleration. He finally upgraded his pump which fixed his problem. So if that idea is correct bigger lines don't always help. Just something to think about. I only run 8 lines on all my stuff since that happened. RM
I read that years ago when Warren Johnson was doing fuel line size testing.:smt023

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I have a -6 line feeding a supercharged 800 hp engine with twin 900 cfm carbs without an issue. I'm pushing 36 PSI through it out of a Magnaflow pump though. I also use their 4 port regulator which knocks PSI down to 6, which it never drops below during a pass.

·
Let the Clutch Out
17,686 Posts
I know of a Guy running a Stock 3/8 Line Pulling from the Top of his 1969 Chevrolet Camaro, He has a Good Mech pump and it runs 9.80's @ 133 with 1.30 Sixty. wheels Very High NO PROBLEMS Car wieghs With Driver and Fuel 3325#'s

1 - 15 of 15 Posts