Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the turbo scene and am considering a big boy combo. I know my way around an NA build, but am thinking of a turbo build to push 4600lbs into the 8's and drive daily. It's a TBSS, w/ 4l80e, full weight. My biggest questions are what breaks constantly? Maintenance schedule? How big do I need to go turbo wise to get me there? 88-106mm single? Thanks to all, sorry for the newbie questions. I have worked on some basic eBay turbo builds on old blow through stuff, but the bigger power stuff is new to me. Thanks for any info.

·
Banned
8,971 Posts
vague post, but you are gonna need to make 1300-1500 hp.

have fun daily driving it!

·
Registered
16,505 Posts
Search for boosted bowtie threads/posts. He's doing what your talking about already........plus towing his boat with it as well.

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
Im basically doing it with a SBC and a Forced Induction billet S484 1.32/96 turbo .

Moser Dana60 with 3.54 gear , Trutrac , 31" slick . TH400 , hipster brake , caltracs

Holley EFI , water to air intercooler .

I run 16 to 18psi on pump gas with water meth .

34psi on C16 .

best time slip to date .

[/url]8.78 by David Cedoz, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank y'all for the replies. I know I am shooting for the stars, but may as well try. I just hate surprises, I am trying to have an idea of what to expect maintenance wise and what is going to fuck me on a regular basis. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im basically doing it with a SBC and a Forced Induction billet S484 1.32/96 turbo .

Moser Dana60 with 3.54 gear , Trutrac , 31" slick . TH400 , hipster brake , caltracs

Holley EFI , water to air intercooler .

I run 16 to 18psi on pump gas with water meth .

34psi on C16 .

best time slip to date .

[/url]8.78 by David Cedoz, on Flickr[/IMG]
WOW, damn man!That's impressive, what's it weight? Can you give me some details of the motor? I'm running the same turbo just about same gear(3.55), PG, Holley EFI ,A/W intercooler and running c16. Last time I weighed my car it was 3100lbs

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
WOW, damn man!That's impressive, what's it weight? Can you give me some details of the motor? I'm running the same turbo just about same gear(3.55), PG, Holley EFI ,A/W intercooler and running c16. Last time I weighed my car it was 3100lbs
Thanks man .

Its a 383 SBC with Compstar crank , Eagle 6" rods , Custom 8.8:1 ( -15 dish ) JE pistons , steel top ring , napier second , Rings are from JE

Champ pan , Melling shark tooth oil pump .

World iron block , The "original" LilJohn cam , Comp short travel hydrolic lifters , comp pro magnum steel rockers .

Holley EFI , Accufab 4150 TB . Motown EFI intake ( not sold anymore ) :mad:

4600lbs .

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
Thank y'all for the replies. I know I am shooting for the stars, but may as well try. I just hate surprises, I am trying to have an idea of what to expect maintenance wise and what is going to fuck me on a regular basis. Any info is appreciated.
You just have to make everything stronger .

Ive broken , yokes , u-joints , rear gears , input shaft , case lugs , sprag , converter splines , spring perches , caltrac bolts on top of springs .

Never hurt any rotating parts , but have killed my fair share of pistons .......lol

broke main caps on stock block , cracked an SHP block and now have the World block with motor plate .

·
Registered
16,505 Posts
You just have to make everything stronger .

Ive broken , yokes , u-joints , rear gears , input shaft , case lugs , sprag , converter splines , spring perches , caltrac bolts on top of springs .

Never hurt any rotating parts , but have killed my fair share of pistons .......lol

broke main caps on stock block , cracked an SHP block and now have the World block with motor plate .
To sum it all up, he's very dedicated! :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BoostedBowtie, God bless you. You are the fucking man! I am seeing what you are saying for they "whole package" upgrade. I am in the beginning stages of this, but I have a goal. Big respect for you, keep on truckin!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I built a TBSS back in 2008-2009 that went 9.0 @ 152mph. It was street driven and 4600lbs. Twin masterpower 7665s with a 402 at 25psi.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Heres a video of it starting at 4:20.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Power wise shouldnt be too difficult. Your typical forged lsx block 400” hyd roller deal with a 88-94 mm single should be plenty and not be pushed too hard. Might do it on a stock block deal but meh... E85 make it easy, else race gas tune and a lower boost pump gas limitation. Just need a strong trans and rear

I went 8.2’s at 3750 with a non exotic driveline. Almost 800 lbs more it should still be high 8’s I imagine and thats 1200 whp ish.

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
To sum it all up, he's very dedicated! :D
BoostedBowtie, God bless you. You are the fucking man! I am seeing what you are saying for they "whole package" upgrade. I am in the beginning stages of this, but I have a goal. Big respect for you, keep on truckin!
lol ...... Live and learn right ?

But the shocker was the Dana ring and pinion gear last year .

And the Trutrac keeps on going ..... and its probably over 13 years old

1 - 18 of 18 Posts