Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

I am having a problem here, my car was a 4cyl car when I got it, and it has the 7.5 so I got a 8.8 from a guy here in my town, I purchased a moser spool and axle kit with the c-clip elims on it, tossed er together, and been running it for a year now

I have a 15x10, 6.5 backspace wheel and there is no way I could put a 28 on the car because it seems the wheel is sticking out from the wheel well about 1/2 or so with a 27x10.5 ET street or a QTP

Now, I have been reading that the lengths changed after 98 or something, and I doubt it is that old but i wont discount the possibility, what are the chances the elims are not pressed on as much as they could be?

Or what would be the best bet to figure out if the housing is too long?

And one more thing I noticed is on all my other mustangs the rear brake lines go in to a lil block thing that is part of the housing, this diff does not have that???!!!

Any help or advice for what to look for would be awesome as I really want to put a 28 on this year and I know something isnt right!

Cheers!

Dave

·
Registered
260 Posts
from the sticky above!
54 1/8 housing 59 1/8 axle flange, the later housings are the same width, the axles hang out more
lemme know what you find out, I have the same set-up going together, but adding Areospace brakes (brakes goes behind the CCE's) which will add to the length

1 - 2 of 2 Posts