Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i think my trac-lok is just about done after this last race, but I'm looking into to cheap ways to get thru this year until i can get my rear shortened and new custom length axles made up with a full spool.

so I've done some looking and come up with 3 real options and want oppinions on them.

1: I have a new auburn cone lsd (Was installed in another project i have but never had any miles except ones pushing the car around)

2 rebuild the trac-lok with standard clutches and restack the steels and frictions for one extra friction plate

3 rebuild the trac-lok with the 03-04 cobra carbon fiber clutches

what do you think would hold the most power?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well i think my trac-lok is just about done after this last race, but I'm looking into to cheap ways to get thru this year until i can get my rear shortened and new custom length axles made up with a full spool.

so I've done some looking and come up with 3 real options and want oppinions on them.

1: I have a new auburn cone lsd (Was installed in another project i have but never had any miles except ones pushing the car around)

2 rebuild the trac-lok with standard clutches and restack the steels and frictions for one extra friction plate

3 rebuild the trac-lok with the 03-04 cobra carbon fiber clutches

what do you think would hold the most power?
just do the hillbilly fix and weld all the spider gears together,lol honestly though I think one of my buddies has one that he pulled out of his car when he bought it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The carbon clutches work well and you can shim it pretty tight. Will last in a racing enviroment for a while.
from what ive heard they come pretty tight how it is with the s spring, but i was really wondering how good the auburn is and if its worth the time and labor to resetup the ring and pinion or just buy so 100 dollar clutches

·
Registered
49,338 Posts
how much power are people making on the cobra clutches, my car gos 1.40 60' and 9.9 in the quarter at 137 ish
thats about as fast as I know anyone going.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The carbon clutches work well and you can shim it pretty tight. Will last in a racing enviroment for a while.
Yes to carbon clutches and use your old steels for more shims plus order the new S spring stronger and "fun" to put in too :p . The one I did with a buddy lasted years at the dragstrip .Good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts