Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be better? 350 4340 crank and rods srp dish pistons in stock 010 block. No crank support being used. Under 7000 rpm(hyd. roller) 12% underdriven with the hope of being able to go to 1 to 1 .

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run a ATI Damper on my 14-71 sbc. It seems to work well. Kinda depends who you talk to. I just figured it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If a street car, you can throw a belt and drive home with no problem if you have a damper. You arent going to do it w/o one. If a race car, no need for a damper.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ati makes a nice blower dampner that is well worth money spent.# inch belt puts hellish amount of harmonics in a engine.Whens the last time you tore keyway outa a natrually aspirated engine..

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,287 Posts
Ati makes a nice blower dampner that is well worth money spent.# inch belt puts hellish amount of harmonics in a engine.Whens the last time you tore keyway outa a natrually aspirated engine..
Single keyways get torn out as roots blowers take alot of hp to turn. GM never intended to have 300+hp being turned off the snout of the humble old SBC with a single little keyway.

As for the belts putting harmonics in ????? They actually absorb the engines harmonics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts