Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together another 440 GMPP LSX Talldeck together. I am wanting to get my 2950lbs camaro in the sub 8.50 range and/or sub 8's with spray. I have a set of LSX DR heads and intake. Can you guys post some combo specs that will get me there- comp., cam specs, heads, intake. I have a glide and have to run a cast intake and one carb per class rules.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
To be honest, you need to hook up with someone who's been involved in a combo like that before... like whoever does the Lashley's motor... Steve Petty/Pro Line, or Joe Honeycutts stuff, LME does theirs. I don't know if Judson at SAM will work on other folk's combos.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
To be honest, you need to hook up with someone who's been involved in a combo like that before... like whoever does the Lashley's motor... Steve Petty/Pro Line, or Joe Honeycutts stuff, LME does theirs. I don't know if Judson at SAM will work on other folk's combos.
What?
Dont think you need Petty/proline to go 8.50 with a 440 lsx.

A basic street 440 with a 150 shot should go 8.50 at that weight with no problem at all.

·
Registered
896 Posts
What?

A basic street 440 with a 150 shot should go 8.50 at that weight with no problem at all.
that 440 must make some serious power on nuts to go 8.50 on a 150 shot. i guess at that weight, it would make a big difference.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I am putting together another 440 GMPP LSX Talldeck together. I am wanting to get my 2950lbs camaro in the sub 8.50 range and/or sub 8's with spray. I have a set of LSX DR heads and intake. Can you guys post some combo specs that will get me there- comp., cam specs, heads, intake. I have a glide and have to run a cast intake and one carb per class rules.
Thanks
Real valvetrain as in big cam 60mm and big lifters and pushrods. Jesel or Tand D rockers. BES has some good experience with the DR heads so they could set you up with some head work probably. A good CCW crank and 15.5 to one pistons and a sheetmetal manifold and you should be there at that light a weight like was said above pretty easy. We went that fast easily with the Mozez heads which are better at a lot higher weight but you could easily do it at 2950. You do need a good chassis of course.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Didn't mean to leave out Greg Good either as his heads have won damn near every LSx shootout so far and SAM but I don't know that Judson is doing work for the generaql public as they have their hands full with a LOT of stuff 99% of the time.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
What?

Thats what I was thinking, maybe a 200 shot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think the OP was talking sub 8.50 on motor and sub 8's on spray...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think my jumk cath port stuff would go mid to low 9's at seal level ;)so a good DR headed 440 better go dam near 9.0s on motor or better ,and easy mid 8s on spray

1 - 12 of 12 Posts