Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this still done? The NHRA book is a PITA to find info.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,and that only involves a cage inspection, not the chassis? I'm asking because I'm building a kit car, the chassis is built out of box tubing and it has an 1 5/8" cage. I'm hearing about the box tubing being a no go,but thought the chassis was not part of an 8.50 cert. My thought at first was that I could add a door bar and a window net, and be good,but not sure now.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Better call your tech inspector on that one. Might have been a good idea to post the pic first. lol. What's that going to be anyway?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Factory Five Daytona Coupe

Building for the street,and just looking to be able to make some track passes without too much hassle.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Isnitntoo late to replace the section of down and dash bar. A pillar can be in segments so the roof bars are useable as they sit.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After digging around the rulebook, I found that a cage can only be attached to a minimum of 1 5/8" round or 2x2" box tubing. The box tubing is unfortunately 1.5". Might be able to replace the pieces where the cage lands. Will talk to a local chassis guy and see if he has some ideas

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, can be square but not under 2x2". At least that's what I read.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I went out and measured... Mine are 2x2 and a large gusset under it to the frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts