Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car seems to come out hooked up then as the front drops it blows the rear tires off, any advice would be greatly apreciated. I am using stock front springs and stage da shocks up front and the rear has calvert split monos with caltrac bars and qa1 single adj shocks. using 275 radial pros and launching off a trans brake.

i have some videos of the test hits i just dont know how to get the on my post. help please thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
You could lower the instant center by moving the bars down to lower hole to keep it hooked out further. You could also tighten front shocks to slow the rise of the front end causing it to top out and unload the rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ill
Make a YouTube account tonight so you can see the videos thanks for the input!

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
If it is making North of 900 or so, those s/a shocks out back ain't gonna cut it. Even at 900 you are really pushing it. They offer limited rebound adjustment when altering the compression. When you start making real power the rebound side will need to be really tight, to control the hit. And videos would be helpful.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
It's separating, then while the front is in the air, it's done. Two things.

Check for any binding, like making sure the rear shocks aren't topping out.

I still say it needs a double adjustable out back. It seperates, then it wants to come right back up.

May also want to try slowing down the front rebound as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What am i looking for as far separation in the rear? One inch, Three inches? I can measure it by lifting the body until the tires come off the ground. Would lowering the car or extending the shock be a better idea as far as allowing for more separation?

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
This less separation the better, if it will hook. You really need a double adjustable on the back, but since you don't I would try slowing the front and tighting the rear until it doesn't like it.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
This less separation the better, if it will hook. You really need a double adjustable on the back, but since you don't I would try slowing the front and tighting the rear until it doesn't like it.
^^^This^^^ When you get a double out back, sometimes you can start with a lot of separation and work your way down tightening the rebound. When you get to the point that it isn't enough and lights the tires immediately, (or the 60 foot starts to fade) you can back them off, or throw more power at it. Just remember, as you do this and start really making steam, the car will try to go on the bumper. That is when you will need a badass shock at all four corners.

Easiest way to check for shocks limiting the travel is unbolt them and raise the car (on a lift or something not by the rear end) If you can bolt them back up with the suspension all the way extended, and still have a little room to spare, you are fine. If not, you found an issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We lowered the front another 1.25" And got some shock extensions to stop the rear from topping out. Well see if more front and rear travel helps out, and i plan on slowing down the front by tightening the front extension. Thanks for the advise I will be testing later in the week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts