Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 761 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
When the 4850 pound truck, (that everybody wanted to sweep under the rug) 4 wheel drive, tranfer cased, 480LE, air conditioned fully loaded truck went out and ran 145 mph, really, what did you guys think think the same engine setup was going to run in a 3300-3350 pound power glided car? LOL, Im going to explain what your seeing here, and its really quite simple, and its not going to be well accepted, but here goes: this is what happens when you combine using a different approach with some intelligences, with a STRONG BACKGROUND IN NA ENGINE BUILDING then put a turbo on it, thats what your seeing, pure and simple. Think about it, gear it high, tighten the converter to make it more efficent, cam it small to spool, then foot brake it, run it low RPM, no tranz brake keeps the stock short block together. Look for it to go faster. Nice work Jarrett.
you forgot to mention the nitrous

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
How far does the tip to tip dimensions of the turbo stay 76mm?

Do you have specs like inducer/exducer?

True 76mm wheel....no cut down. Exducer is 102mm at base. Tips extend beyond floor.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Wouldn't be the 1st 2nd, or 10'th time I have been accused of nitrous. Used to bother me yrs ago but nowdays I just take it as a complement....:)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Back to some tech here. What injectors are you running on that thing? Cant recall if I saw that listed somewhere or not. Looking forward to more vids
Damn I was wanting more complements lol
Car has fic 2000 cc's.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #130

·
Registered
653 Posts
Damn I was wanting more complements lol
Car has fic 2000 cc's.
Holley efi and fic2000's here also, idle great! People shouldn't be afraid of that big of an injector on a street car!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Holley efi and fic2000's here also, idle great! People shouldn't be afraid of that big of an injector on a street car!
Thing purrs like a kitten at 800 rpm. Sounds just like your typical 13 sec resto rod lol.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
congrats man!

i dont see why the fuss, looks like it is a true 1k whp

seems well in the realm with a proper setup and a stout 76 with his boost level

would share what the exhaust lobe looks like? just curious

·
Registered
360 Posts
Car looks and performs great.Novas is still one of my fav rides. just dont let all the haters mess it up. it takes alot of test hits and tuning to get to where he is. nice job and concrats to you and crew.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
When the 4850 pound truck, (that everybody wanted to sweep under the rug) 4 wheel drive, tranfer cased, 480LE, air conditioned fully loaded truck went out and ran 145 mph, really, what did you guys think think the same engine setup was going to run in a 3300-3350 pound power glided car? LOL, Im going to explain what your seeing here, and its really quite simple, and its not going to be well accepted, but here goes: this is what happens when you combine using a different approach with some intelligences, with a STRONG BACKGROUND IN NA ENGINE BUILDING then put a turbo on it, thats what your seeing, pure and simple. Think about it, gear it high, tighten the converter to make it more efficent, cam it small to spool, then foot brake it, run it low RPM, no tranz brake keeps the stock short block together. Look for it to go faster. Nice work Jarrett.
Its funny you say this because this is the exact thing I have always said about the Buick Grand Nationals. They dont use high rpms to scream down the track,instead they do just what you explained (on a smaller scale) and let the motor pull down the track. High gear,small cam,tight converter,foot brake and low rpms and a stock 3.8 V6 can pull a big heavy car to some surprisingly good times.

121 - 140 of 761 Posts