Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 761 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
thats moving for sure.i would like to see what that setup in a 3000lb car with a 1.2x 60 ft would run in 6500 da of air.congrats on the passes.keep up the great work.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Rpm gearing converter are all perfectly matched...

Plus hes got a turbo that moves a shit ton of air....and hes not a half bad tuner either....
Why bother with the big cam, victor jr / hi ram / pro flo / sheet metal or what not intake. Little cam, truck intake, 3000 stall and 8.3's. Kind of hard to argue with all the other "race stuff". Stock48 I like your style, less is more huge congrats!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Why bother with the big cam, victor jr / hi ram / pro flo / sheet metal or what not intake. Little cam, truck intake, 3000 stall and 8.3's. Kind of hard to argue with all the other "race stuff". Stock48 I like your style, less is more huge congrats!
It is hard to argue...

This combo is further out on the edge than most people might be thinking.

Hes making a ton of cylinder pressure given the rpm, cam ivc event and boost level from a turbo that moves that much air.... hopefully the rods stay straight.

The fact its doing what its doing... is a testament to his tuning ability.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks guy's! The pass was on 23 psi with 15 deg of timing. I had it up to 25, and 27 psi on the street the night before but turned it down a little for the track I just wanted a nice clean pass not to scatter the engine. I put my looser high altitude converter in the car the other day, and it is way too loose for down here converter has about 500 RPM more slip than my 3000 and eats up some ET. I found out why it poped and blew the injector out on top end. I had limiter set low at 6800 so I wasn't over revving it so bad on the street and forgot to raise it. With this loose converter It hit the 6800 at about 1100 feet and caused the pop that blew the injector out of rail. Still counting my lucky stars that there was no fire.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
what rpm are you crossing the line at? And are these the newer style rods?
Was on limiter at 6800 right before end. I don't think it effected et much but scrubbed off a couple mph. Has the newer style rods.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sc3000 converter? What kinda boost u leave on?
I have a PY3400 in car now but the SC3000 pulls a lot harder and spools plenty quick. Left around 2 -4 psi but boost comes in quick right after wot.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
thats moving for sure.i would like to see what that setup in a 3000lb car with a 1.2x 60 ft would run in 6500 da of air.congrats on the passes.keep up the great work.
You might see it at 3300 lbs and 8500' here soon....;)

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Only one word to describe this INSANE. I'm jonesin to start on one of these so bad I can't sleep. You obviously have your stuff together as not everyone is able to achieve these results.

21 - 40 of 761 Posts