Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has been 9.60s so far, running a pair of T3/T4 58mm Ebay turbos, self modified Demon carb with homebrewed BRPV on the primaries, AFRs running high 9s to low 10s on gas scale WOT, BG400 pump, -12 cell to pump, Allstar -10 10" filter, -10 to Aeromotive 13202 regulator, 2 -8s to carb bowls. I've had leanouts a few times, the first one was caused by the pump bypass, which has now been blocked off. Next time, it was the -10 Summit fuel filter, replaced by the comparatively HUGE Allstar filter. Next time out, it leaned out BAD, broke a piston and cylinder wall. Putting together a cheap get-me-by motor for now, till I can build another good motor, but don't want to run it again till I figure out a FAIL-SAFE solution for this fuel problem. Boost so far has been about 16 psi, backpressure 20-22 psi. Do I need a different pump??

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the issue is that the BG is rated 400GPH @18 psi, and max at 25 psi. I know it will make more than that, but only deadheaded. It has a -10 return off the Aeromotive 13202 regulator. 16 psi boost + 6.5 base fuel pressure = 22.5 psi, the pump may not be capable of enough pressure at max boost? Looking at maybe a Magnafuel 500, (4401), max pressure on that one is 35 psi....

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think at your power level an aeromotive a1000 will work fine but if you want a little room to grow get an eliminator or those new holley 1800 pumps I have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dave (Boosted Bowtie) and I were talking yesterday, and the more I analyze the problem, (with his help), the more sure I am that the pump is the culprit. I think I'm gonna go with the same Billet Dominator pump he has now, (12-800).
What made the difference for me is when Dave mentioned that hat pressure, (what the regulator sees), will be at least 5~7 psi more than actual boost pressure, pushing fuel pressure beyond what the pump is capable of.
He's offered to let me use his old A1000 pump to see if the car will run more to it's potential with a good pump, but I see no reason not to go ahead and get the new pump, if it's good enough for his 1200 hp monster, it should work GREAT on my little thrown together ebay combo, :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts