Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired this car over the weekend. I am looking to build a Stock Eliminator car out of it. This is going to be a SLOW build as it is going to be me and my daughter doing all the work ourselves.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Nice to do a build with your daughter, she gets some nice quality time with Dad, picks up some skills along the way.
Good luck with the build

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@mopar_mark Thanks. She is 13 now and getting interested in old school muscle cars so I am going to build off of that. I want her to understand every piece of a car so she is never taken advantage of.

As far as the car, its a typical 70's Mopar. Needs both front floor pans, rear lower quarters, patch panel on the fenders and rocker panels. That will be the focus first, obviously. So as weather permits we will begin working on the body fixing the rust.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sounds great, just remember, body work can be dull & hard to see your effort till near the end. A lot of yungsters need to see results to maintain their enthusiasm ... so may have to jump to some quick result jobs :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great, just remember, body work can be dull & hard to see your effort till near the end. A lot of yungsters need to see results to maintain their enthusiasm ... so may have to jump to some quick result jobs :p
Thanks for the advice. Might work on the motor at the same time to keep her interest if I see it starting to diminish.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Very cool project, you will need to track down a 340, or build a slant 6 stocker, i am sure the HP to weight ratio will be decent. Depends on how fast you want to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts