Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a 76 Camaro I bought tonight. I really have no idea what to expect from the car, its a 350, headers, what looks like Vortec heads, vacuum secondary holley, TH350. Don't know anything about what cam its got in it, probably very close to stock specs.
Trying to get an idea what to expect from this car when I take it to the 1/8 in a few weeks. Anybody?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, thats about all I know.. Planning on looking it over a little better tonight when I get it home, hopefully can get a better idea then.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Picking up a 76 Camaro I bought tonight. I really have no idea what to expect from the car, its a 350, headers, what looks like Vortec heads, vacuum secondary holley, TH350. Don't know anything about what cam its got in it, probably very close to stock specs.
Trying to get an idea what to expect from this car when I take it to the 1/8 in a few weeks. Anybody?
What rear gear?and is it close to factory weight?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
4 bolt holes down each side of the intake is vortec heads I believe. if it has 6 it is the tbi heads. If it has vortec heads gears and slicks I coould see mid to high 8's

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
looking at high 8-9 second 1/8th mile times !!! ...........a friend of mine has a 73 camaro with a late 90's early 2000 vortec motor with a eddy perf rpm knock off intake ,holley 600 dp ,headers ,350 trans and crappy 2.73 rear gears and runs 8.40 ET's in the 1/8th on street tires .he's raced alot more in the 1/4 mile and with very consistant 13.60's with 26-8.50/15 slicks

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
9.20. Please let us know if any of us end up being close. Take care. Tom Worthington.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts