Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made 2 test passes Saturday and everything worked perfectly on both passes, when the truck was returning back to the pits it developed a problem. Idles fine, will not accelerate over 2000rpm. Acts like its against a rev limiter. Powered everything off and tried again, same thing. Any Ideas??

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I havent. This truck belongs to a friend of mine. I was just working on his nitrous tune. The first pass, everything worked fine. Between passes we changed the timing retard on the second stage, and changed the delay on the second stage activation form 1 second to 6 tenths. Truck ran fine during the pass, but developed this problem on the return road.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
HAHA I cant remember exactly what its called, but it has happened to us 2x's. It has a feature for NHRA Prostock I think they told us, that does that when it detects traction control. They said the vibration does it. I think we took it out and hooked it to a 12v source for 24hrs and it cleared it. We called the MSD Tech line and that's where I got my info from

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
HAHA I cant remember exactly what its called, but it has happened to us 2x's. It has a feature for NHRA Prostock I think they told us, that does that when it detects traction control. They said the vibration does it. I think we took it out and hooked it to a 12v source for 24hrs and it cleared it. We called the MSD Tech line and that's where I got my info from

I didn't think the 7531 had that. Thought it was only the 7530T

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Hook the computer up to it, turn it on and look at the "Monitor" screen.
See whats "on" and whats "off". It is also a good way to check to make sure all trigger switches are functioning.
Also what coil are you running?

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got off the phone with my friend, it cranked up this morning and everything worked perfectly.:confused:

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
i wonder is he has a pro brake(has to mash the brake to back up) and when he backed up to put it in the trailer that it reset the box?

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it has a pro brake. Didnt have to back it up to load it though, rolled it out of the trailer and cranked it this morning and everything worked perfect.

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He had a 7531 in it last season, but put the 7530T back in it this year because of some problems he had with it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
There is a timed rev limiter and it is set at 2000 rpm from the factory. Just change that and you shouldn't have any problems. The timer starts when you release the two step.

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Since I found out that this is a 7530T, I think that is what happened. Is there anyway to reset this function?

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Since I found out that this is a 7530T, I think that is what happened. Is there anyway to reset this function?
Like Kyman said, leave it powered for 24 hours.

The only other way is to have a racing official reset it. The feature was basically designed into the box at the request of the NHRA. Not sure who else MSD would be willing to share the reset procedure with, they obviously don't want the procedure or codes getting out, if they did the box would be worthless in policing the use of traction control in ProStock.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info, deffinatley wasnt 4000rpm, so I would say Time Rev too, where do I fine this setting in the menu?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I almost guarantee what gryphon is explaining is your problem. Hook up your laptop and check this out. Every box I have seen comes from the factory with this set at 9 seconds for 2000 RPM. 9 seconds after you launch from the 2-step, this will kick in.

TIMED Safety REV LIMIT
This provides a time activated rpm limit ramp that is designed to work as a safe shutdown. The ramp
will lower the rpm to an adjustable amount, within two seconds after it is activated. The activation point
ranges from 1-12.5 seconds after the burnout and the shutdown rpm value can be set from 1000-
12,500 rpm. The time before the safety RPM Limit ramp is activated begins when the Dark Blue wire
is released from 12 volts, and only if the programmed Launch Rev Limit rpm has been acheived
on the starting line.

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I almost guarantee what gryphon is explaining is your problem. Hook up your laptop and check this out. Every box I have seen comes from the factory with this set at 9 seconds for 2000 RPM. 9 seconds after you launch from the 2-step, this will kick in.

TIMED Safety REV LIMIT
This provides a time activated rpm limit ramp that is designed to work as a safe shutdown. The ramp
will lower the rpm to an adjustable amount, within two seconds after it is activated. The activation point
ranges from 1-12.5 seconds after the burnout and the shutdown rpm value can be set from 1000-
12,500 rpm. The time before the safety RPM Limit ramp is activated begins when the Dark Blue wire
is released from 12 volts, and only if the programmed Launch Rev Limit rpm has been acheived
on the starting line.
I think thats most likely it also, the first pass killed at the finish line and towed back to the pits so I could read the plugs, the second time he drove it back, this is when the problem occured.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts