Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hoping somebody can point me in the right directrion with this thing,i cant get down the track a-b without blowing the tires off,so i cant get any idea where the slew rate curve should be.any help would be appreciated,
o/l 10.5 car,436 sbc with twin 88's,1.80 1st glide and 3.60 gears with a 33'' tire

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
hoping somebody can point me in the right directrion with this thing,i cant get down the track a-b without blowing the tires off,so i cant get any idea where the slew rate curve should be.any help would be appreciated,
o/l 10.5 car,436 sbc with twin 88's,1.80 1st glide and 3.60 gears with a 33'' tire
Kinda hard to do on this message board. If you dont have a good baseline run to go off of, it's even harder..
How far into the run, before it blows the tires off?
E-mail me an Acquisition file from a run, and I'll look at it...
[email protected];)

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
No jiggle jiggle.:smt082

Yeah without an RPM curve with the tires hooked to go by you're just guessing.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not trying to hijack your thread but I have kinda the same question. This weekend was my first time out with my 7531 and I'm also playing with the slew. My question is even if I get a perfect pass to go by how can I find it? Is it in the lauch history? if so where?

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
How far has it gotten down the track before it blows the tires off? Is it an EFI car or carb? What boost controller do you use as well. If you want to send me some files I will take a look at them as well. Email is [email protected]

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Not trying to hijack your thread but I have kinda the same question. This weekend was my first time out with my 7531 and I'm also playing with the slew. My question is even if I get a perfect pass to go by how can I find it? Is it in the lauch history? if so where?
Without trying to sound like a smartass, you need to back up, sit down and do some serious reading. Go to the help section of the '31 box, read it over and over 'till you understand it [or think you do]. Then print all of it, and read it some more... You'll never get anywhere, until you have a good understanding of it...
The most critical part of the "Slew" [if you will], is the roll over point of the convertor [unless it's a stick shift]. That's usually between 2 1/2 to 4 tenths into the run.... Sound complicated?
IT IS....
Respectfully...
Denny Savage
Trackside Consultation for MSD Digital Headaches..

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How far has it gotten down the track before it blows the tires off? Is it an EFI car or carb? What boost controller do you use as well. If you want to send me some files I will take a look at them as well. Email is [email protected]
just to give you a little history,car used to run consistant high 4.60's -mid 4.70's,i rebuilt the motor adding a little compression,did some work to the heads and changed camshaft,since then it wont go down the track,changed to the ams-1000 controller and added the 7531,cant stay on the throttle for a full second,if i could i would have something to go by,by the way its efi

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
You need to pull everything back till you can get traction. Get a base and then move forward on the digi tune.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just talked Steve Petty,he got me going the the right direction-thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts