Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not familiar with either one and it's about time to make a decision as to which one to use. I have no hands on experience with either one so there will be a learning curve one way or another. Most of the 275 guys are using the 7531 box that I have seen but I have heard that the power grid is supposed to be the replacement or next evolution of the 7531. So what do you guys think? They are both about the same price, have no experience with either, and I need an ignition that allows me to pull timing while on nitrous. What would you choose in my situation? As usual thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I run the power grid and love it! There are a few extra pieces you have to buy to get a few of the functions the 7531 has if they are needed. Slew rate, boost module etc.. The power grid software is way more user friendly imo.

Plus when you are ready........its capable to retard 5 stages!! Lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just gonna be nitrous retards. Slew rate control has me confused as of yet but I'm gonna have to figure it out. I'm leaning towards the power grid but just want to hear from people with experience such as you. Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Slew rate uses a plotted rpm graph to control tire spin in a nut shell. "riding the dots"

·
Registered
336 Posts
Constrictor, the Power Grid is what you want for a small tire nitrous car. The Power Grid will allow you to control tire spin using timing retard with the added ARC/7761 module and a driveshaft sensor or it can use engine rpm as well. The 7531 only allows rev limiters to control tire spin, not timing retard. In our experience, nitrous does not like rev limiters but the driveshaft retard has worked great. Slew rate control controls how fast the engine accelerates. Think about RPM/sec or revs/min/sec. This is hard to guess because your engine's slew rate changes significantly throughout the gear and powerband and you can only set a single rate for an entire gear.

I was told that the 7531 slew rate was made for powerboats that run at a constant engine speed, when the boat jumps up out of the water over waves, there is no load on the prop. The slew limiter was supposed to limit the revs in this no load situation.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
We've had the Grid in since early last year and there's nothing I don't like about it. It's worked flawlessly. One of the features I really like is it interfaces directly with the Racepak so all your ignition functions show on the RacePak, plus extra retards available, more timing functions, etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Andy and Seattle Mike that about settlles it for me.! So far not one negative about the grid and easier to use then the 7531. Guys I really appreciate your help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts