Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't even know this was possible. I think i saw a thread on YB, but using a 7 box to control an 8 box. So precise rev limits, boost control, slew rates but with 345mJ spark? to good to be true? i look around and cant find any literature or wiring diagrams. And knowledge would be helpful.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ep, i spent an hour on that dam web site to no avail, thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tried this in my 10.5 car and had noise problems which would set off the rev limiter. Tried 2 different MSD 8 boxes the old and new style. Had ground on heads to battery. It would only do it down track as he rpm and load increased. Had noise filters on both msd 7 and 8 box, new plug wires, etc. Could never figure it out. Even had Joe form hyperactive trying too help. the msd 8 is a bad bitch but very noisy. Hope you have better luck. If you have a problem it will show up as upwards spikes in the rpm graph on the racepack and the msd download will look all crazy. Switched back too the the Msd 7 and no more problems. Also my car was originally wired by sparky from wires and pliers with the msd 7 only.

goo luck and hope it works mayb you could borrow an MSD 8 to try first.??

steve c

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Steve did you run one of the MSD #8830 noise capacitors?
Also what plug wires were or are you running? My understanding is some brands throw a ton of RF. Pat can you shed any light on that?
IMO the other thing thats even more important in the high output boxes like the 8+ and 10+ is dizzy phasing.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
more info on rf noise please

·
Registered
127 Posts
yes had nosie filters on both the 8 and 7531. Tried both the msd wires and firecores, made not difference. Dist was phase ~20 degreees.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts