Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 120 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Your welcome. thanks for subscribing. I know the second round of aluminum blocks have been poured, mine is one. Once it gets machined and bronze bushings fitted, have him ship to me, along with a callies crank I have for the build. The cgi has been put on back burner, as the people really want a cast block. I think Tim needs to get the blocks out there, most popular is grade 40 iron, I may wrong on the grade stuff. Get some engines built and tested, only Steve Ks number one build has been dynoed. That is getting some trick up grades. I would also like a cast iron one too, in the future.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Glad everything on the Ole 408 so far looks good after pulling the heads off. April will be here before ya know it! Hopefully the bottom end looks good since the oil n drain plug didn’t seem to have any metal collection. Are you gonna bother cutting the filter open since your gonna go thru the bottom end anyways?
I dont know tater, if I got a few minutes, may slice her open for forensic evaluation. It looks good so far. Clean up parts today, and get a better look. Thanks for staying tuned.

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
Just spreading the cleveland love around, didn't mean for it to be hp/cuin war. I wish there were more FE love, lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Good stuff Tim, nice to see everything coming apart ok and looking good. I know you're not one for change but just thought I'd mention for others that Jomar makes an oil filter with no by-pass, part# 9025, has more filter area and claims 1 psi increase. You can still put your magnet on it! Actually I'm going to get one of those.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Good stuff Tim, nice to see everything coming apart ok and looking good. I know you're not one for change but just thought I'd mention for others that Jomar makes an oil filter with no by-pass, part# 9025, has more filter area and claims 1 psi increase. You can still put your magnet on it! Actually I'm going to get one of those.
Andy Jomar dynoed my 377 with A3 heads, I used to run his stud girdle, filter only once, may be a good choice. They are crazy strong, and work.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yep, probably not a good choice for cold winter starts ups but nice for keeping crap out of bearings, especially if a part fails.

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Had some time this morning caught Video #6 , .. I liked that it was about discussion and how plans change and goals have to be modified sometimes ... I'll catch #7 tomorrow.
Thanks for watching. Just finished episode 8. Got to ck it out. My girls are in it. 3 and 7 years old. Please share.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Girls were quick to identify what motor you're running, lol. Nice to see some future Clevelander's in action. Looks like they could keep you busy, lol.
Did you mention that you run a double plate on your oil pump?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Tim,the girls look like some good helpers and good kids!!!:)
Thanks Mark, your uncle called me during dinner a while back. I told him to call back later, and he never called back. They are great girls. They said they love the roll around stool and creeper the best. I said wait until we take the pistons out.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Had some time this morning caught Video #6 , .. I liked that it was about discussion and how plans change and goals have to be modified sometimes ... I'll catch #7 tomorrow.
Thank you, glad you enjoy, you have some catching up to do. Nothing is written in stone, that is a fact.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Girls were quick to identify what motor you're running, lol. Nice to see some future Clevelander's in action. Looks like they could keep you busy, lol.
Did you mention that you run a double plate on your oil pump?
Thanks Blake, they hear me talking Cleveland talk all the time. I really want to get them into it. I do not have a son, so I am going to have 2 girls, that can build motors and transmissions, and race like the wind.

Another Cleveland secret. I should have sold you that short block. You would be examining that with a magnifying glass, lol. The stock oil pump cover can flex, with high volume pump and 100 lb spring. I do not use the spring, but I think it keeps any potential deflection of cover at a minimum.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, always looking closely at your pics and vids. Are you using the M-84AHV. I don't have room between pan and pump for a second plate with the Melling m-84AHV. May have to add some depth to my pan.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Yes, always looking closely at your pics and vids. Are you using the M-84AHV. I don't have room between pan and pump for a second plate with the Melling m-84AHV. May have to add some depth to my pan.
Yes, never used a standard pump ever. With the 9 qt pan, no issue.

·
Registered
15,671 Posts
Thanks Mark, your uncle called me during dinner a while back. I told him to call back later, and he never called back. They are great girls. They said they love the roll around stool and creeper the best. I said wait until we take the pistons out.
He's my cousin i'm sure he'll call you back when the weather gets nicer around spring time if we're lucky!!:)

101 - 120 of 317 Posts