Yellow Bullet Forums banner

601 - 615 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 ·
Well, Mother Nature cancelled the local track TnT today so I guess it’s off to the first Pro Stick race at the end of the week. They’re having a TnT there the evening before the actual race so I’m thinking about going there a day early n trying that. The Wifey is all for it so looks like a go.....if Mother Nature cooperates! Forecast looks pretty bad at this time but it might change. Just don’t wanna tow 2 1/2 hrs one way to watch it rain.
The right time will come, be patient....Double check everything Tater. Ck out this next video.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #602 ·
This is the next in my video series on my you tube channel DragBoss Garage. I made this just to introduce you guys to what is been in the works. I originally bought this 40 Ford Coupe back in 2005, that is a whole different video, stay tuned. I had bought this to restore to a street rod, tubbed, pro street style. But looking at everything, be much easier for me to make this into a drag car on the DragBoss Garage. I have an aftermarket frame, that is already tubbed. Frame was made by Alec Carpenter from ARC Hot Rods in Worthington , Ohio. I have the wheels and tires, but they have been sitting for the last 16 years. All the coil overs, Fab 9 inch rearend. Rack unit. Well like I said before, I only have about 15 good years, so want to start to get these projects done. As it says for the engine combo. Not sure yet, was thinking about the 850hp TrackBoss 427, or one of the pro stock builds. It would be cool to get it to be street car too. But hey, you start with a vision, and proceed forward, so here we go....DragBoss.

This video shows how I repaired, and restored a 40 Ford Deluxe Grill. It shows the basics in metal repair, from me, the first time, I have done anything like this. I used mig, just need to get better at settings. But hey it is a race car. No I want it to look good, but doing it myself, see what I can do. I enjoy this type of restoration. Thanks for watching, please like and subscribe...way more in store.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
This is Stevan Toth's 1970 Ford Falcon XWGT, it runs low 10s, with Iron 2V heads, at 3300lbs. This is stroked 351 Cleveland, to 408 cubic inches. It runs a stock 2 bolt Cleveland block with iron 2V heads. The heads have been ported by Dusan, at Race engine developments. You know they are flowing some air. The 408, uses a Scat 4 inch crank, and Scat 6 inch rods, SRP pistons, Flat Tappet Cam, Uses an APD carb, with MSD ignition. The transmission is a C4, built by Al's Race Glides, 8 inch TCE convertor, with 4.30 gears, and MT 10.5x28 inch tall tires. Who says Cleveland Iron 2Vs won't make power......

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #604 ·
Here is the next video in my series on building up the 752hp, 408 Cleveland, it is now 409 ci Cleveland. This is a video that discusses the basics of rocker arm geometry, and mid lift theory. Remember, if your rocker arm geometry is off, your leaving some of the cam specs, on the table. Also, not to mention the wear and friction of the valve train. I demonstrate measuring Mid Lift, using a technique, Russell Saliba told me about. His technique uses laser guidance, which ensures you have a laser straight line. Across the rocker arm/trunions, and the valve stem itself. The goal is to have a 90 degree angle between the rocker arm tip, or wheel, and the top of the valve tip at mid lift of the cam. This is done with the actual valve train. I wrote more on the description, so read through that, to get all the details. I Used this mid lift theory, with the laser guidance precision, and compared to the contact method with checking springs to evaluate the rocker arm geometry. Just another tool to use. Try is the next time you are evaluating. Thanks for watching, and don't forget to subscribe, stay tuned....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
So here is the last video on my series of measuring piston to valve clearance. this is using the loaded clay method. This is utilizing the actual assembled valve train, and clay. I have videos on measuring PV clearance, with the dial indicator method, using checking springs and clay. I think you may be surprised on the results. This may be one of the factors, why some engines with similar build specs, and cams, may make more power. Just another tool for you to utilize, you may be able to run that cam on the shelf, check it out. PS, 409 Cleveland done, and ready for the dyno.......stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
So here is the last video on my series of measuring piston to valve clearance. this is using the loaded clay method. This is utilizing the actual assembled valve train, and clay. I have videos on measuring PV clearance, with the dial indicator method, using checking springs and clay. I think you may be surprised on the results. This may be one of the factors, why some engines with similar build specs, and cams, may make more power. Just another tool for you to utilize, you may be able to run that cam on the shelf, check it out. PS, 409 Cleveland done, and ready for the dyno.......stay tuned.
Good luck on the dyno. Bet it kicks the shit out of 800hp if all goes well for you. 👍

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·
Good luck on the dyno. Bet it kicks the shit out of 800hp if all goes well for you. 👍
Thank you my friend. I hope all goes well. IDK about 800hp, but you never know, just want that 9.50 pass, so I can put my back seat back in the car, lol.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #608 ·
This is just a quick video with my girls on finishing up the 409 Cleveland. Just some fun in the DragBoss Garage. Thank you to those that served, and helped keep the Freedom in these United States. Have a great Memorial Day...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 ·
Here is the next video from my you tube channel, DragBoss Garage. This video shows the installation of the external oil line, and the 2168 oil filter adapter, from TrackBoss Performance Products. From what I have heard, that the oil filter adapter, allows for increased volume, and utilizes the Wix 2168 filter, instead of the Wix 51515. I included the specs, so review and make your own decision. I also wanted to try the external line, that adds a bit more to the rear oil galley that the sending unit screws into. The theory is that it adds more oil to that galley, that feeds the 5 th main bearing, and the left side galley. I thought I would try it and see how it goes. I listed oil filter specs at the end of the video. I am also giving a shout out to Mike Weaks for helping me with running the 409C on run stand before the trek to the Dyno. Alos Ronald Berges for helping me achieve my goals. Thanks Guys...stay tuned.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
Well been a long time coming, but the 409 Cleveland Lives and Breaths. I decided to run the 409 on an engine stand, before I take it to the dyno. Mike Weaks was able to accommodate me, and although it started off wet and dismal, it turned into a perfect day. I was able to get to his Garage, set it up and rock N roll. The first issue is the headers would not fit, but my chassis guy JP said put them on upside down, they will be fine. Sure enough, fit like a glove. The second issue, was the flex plate was rubbing on the ring gear. I did not have my SFI bell housing, or engine block plate, so I used on that Mike had. It rubbed, and sparked a bit, adjusted and good to go. Funny thing, same thing happened when I originally switched from C6 to C4 over 20 years ago. Found the old engine block plate, I massaged with a hammer. By the way switching from C^ to C4, picked me up 1.5 tenths. So I was able to run it a few times, make sure it was good to go, no leaks or issues. Don't want to drive 3 hrs one way to dyno, and have a surprise. Stay tuned, as I always say......More In store.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Well been a long time coming, but the 409 Cleveland Lives and Breaths. I decided to run the 409 on an engine stand, before I take it to the dyno. Mike Weaks was able to accommodate me, and although it started off wet and dismal, it turned into a perfect day. I was able to get to his Garage, set it up and rock N roll. The first issue is the headers would not fit, but my chassis guy JP said put them on upside down, they will be fine. Sure enough, fit like a glove. The second issue, was the flex plate was rubbing on the ring gear. I did not have my SFI bell housing, or engine block plate, so I used on that Mike had. It rubbed, and sparked a bit, adjusted and good to go. Funny thing, same thing happened when I originally switched from C6 to C4 over 20 years ago. Found the old engine block plate, I massaged with a hammer. By the way switching from C^ to C4, picked me up 1.5 tenths. So I was able to run it a few times, make sure it was good to go, no leaks or issues. Don't want to drive 3 hrs one way to dyno, and have a surprise. Stay tuned, as I always say......More In store.

Tim, is that the old headers or the new ones?

·
Registered
24,097 Posts

Sounds awesome Tim!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 ·
The 67 Fairlane has an FE engine with with a dual 4 tunnel wedge intake - very very cool!
The 409 Cleveland looks and sounds fantastic!!!!!!!
Thanks appreciate it. Lot of work to get to this point. Mike always has some mean Fe powered cars there.

601 - 615 of 615 Posts