Yellow Bullet Forums banner

561 - 580 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
Here is the next video in my series on you tube, of building up the 409 Cleveland, this makes a comparison of the PV clearance of using the clay method, and comparing it to my previous dial indicator measurements. I know in my case at .054 intake PV clearance, by dial indicator,by the time you add the lash, and figure in using actual springs, will have close to .098. Getting a custom cam, think about the loss from deflection.....Stay Tuned, Mid lift theory on the way.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here is the next video in my series on you tube, of building up the 409 Cleveland, this makes a comparison of the PV clearance of using the clay method, and comparing it to my previous dial indicator measurements. I know in my case at .054 intake PV clearance, by dial indicator,by the time you add the lash, and figure in using actual springs, will have close to .098. Getting a custom cam, think about the loss from deflection.....Stay Tuned, Mid lift theory on the way.
Consistency and using the same type of method is important. When we used to pull the heads to freshen the engine and the intake reliefs had thinner carbon from the valves almost kissing my dad would say they were just right :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
Here is the next video for my channel. this is the first interview, and have more lined up. Some great info from Tristan Triccas, AKA, Trickie, who was part of the famed duo from down under, Trick and Manswetto. Jason Mansweto is the other member of the dynamic duo. Trickie, is an expert with cylinder head design, and flow. He gives us his opinion, on the Ford 351 Cleveland oiling system. Since it not a priority oiling, the engine has had it issues, with control, and supplying the main. There are multiple solutions. This is his view point on what he has done, to keep the Cleveland alive. My kids got in on the action, thanks for watching, please subscribe, and like.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
My last 438 400 base ford was that way. Tmeyer told me to go buy lotto ticket lol. Excellent video Dragboss!!
Thanks Steve, The main point is to show you, that PV clearence, is not always the same. I appreciate your commenting, way more in store.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Cool vids Tim! This past week after many setbacks. Last thing being a detached retina in my left eye n requiring major surgery at John’s Hopkins and also needing Lazer Fusion on my right eye waffle wall which has had my vision pretty F’ed up n still is but hopefully after one more surgery to remove scar tissue may be better .....Enuff of that to the good stuff!...I finally got to fire my Foxbody with a New 351C 4 bolt main block, 4V iron CC headed 14-1 Comp., solid roller combo with a G Force G101 4 speed that’s shifted clutch less with a Ram Alum flywheel, Ram adjustable clutch with sintered iron disc to a QP Fab 9” with 5.14 Pro Gears. Hopefully make it to the track soon.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Here’s a video after setting the timing up from initial start n adjusting on the carb. I think it sounds pretty good but the other week I took my Honda Metropolitan scooter up the street n told the Wife it felt peepy!!! Yeah it’s been awhile since I’ve been in anything with any real power! Lol.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Tater, what transmission are you runnin? G101?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
G Force G-101. Did you even read my damn post?? I’m about done with trying to share my racing experience n stuff .....this world is fucked sooooo bad.....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
Here’s a video after setting the timing up from initial start n adjusting on the carb. I think it sounds pretty good but the other week I took my Honda Metropolitan scooter up the street n told the Wife it felt peepy!!! Yeah it’s been awhile since I’ve been in anything with any real power! Lol.
Tater, the Stang looks awesome for sure, and sounds nasty as hell. I can't wait to see how it does. Thanks for posting and contributing. I am sorry about your eye issues. I will put you on my prayer list. Hope you can get the track soon, my friend.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
Here is the next in my series on my You Tube Channel, DragBoss Garage. Big shout out to
Brian Gilchrist
for providing the basis for my wife, and 6 year old daughters Pro Stock 351 Cleveland engine build. Also sneak peak at the T&D Machine stainless steel shaft rocker set, and one of my next videos, on the Pro Stock Tunnel Rams. . I listed the specs of the engine in the video description, and made a slide at end of the video. Thanks Guys

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Here is the next in my series on my You Tube Channel, DragBoss Garage. Big shout out to
Brian Gilchrist
for providing the basis for my wife, and 6 year old daughters Pro Stock 351 Cleveland engine build. Also sneak peak at the T&D Machine stainless steel shaft rocker set, and one of my next videos, on the Pro Stock Tunnel Rams. . I listed the specs of the engine in the video description, and made a slide at end of the video. Thanks Guys

You should get a few more TR's 👍

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Here is the next video on my YouTube channel, DragBoss Garage. Dropped the Cougar off for a bunch of work, and while I was there, had to make a quick vid. Lots of hot rods. Just a quick video of the shop, Custom Chassis and Header. and Rick Baily's 2010 1300+hp Mustang. Car features 632ci of BBF, Tunnel Ram, with twin dominators, Profiler heads... you know the rest. The car is immaculate, and fast, 4.90s in the 1/8 mile. The video is not the best, but to see pics, and a run, ties it together. Thanks guys for watching, and supporting my channel. Subscribe way more in store....

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Here is the next video on my YouTube channel, DragBoss Garage. Dropped the Cougar off for a bunch of work, and while I was there, had to make a quick vid. Lots of hot rods. Just a quick video of the shop, Custom Chassis and Header. and Rick Baily's 2010 1300+hp Mustang. Car features 632ci of BBF, Tunnel Ram, with twin dominators, Profiler heads... you know the rest. The car is immaculate, and fast, 4.90s in the 1/8 mile. The video is not the best, but to see pics, and a run, ties it together. Thanks guys for watching, and supporting my channel. Subscribe way more in store....
Some seriuos looking headers, and cars 👍

·
Registered
12,156 Posts
Lol good videos Dragboss. And cool cars in shop. You definitely cornering market on tunnel rams. Wow. I just finished 540 chevy and starting on 449 400 base motor for lead sled.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Have you thought about doing a video series about recreating a stock Cleveland head to the equivalent of a 1978 Glidden Pro Stock head (or similar)?

It would be cool to see exactly what steps were involved.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
Another great video, I subscribed, can't wait to see what is next Tater.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 ·
Consistency and using the same type of method is important. When we used to pull the heads to freshen the engine and the intake reliefs had thinner carbon from the valves almost kissing my dad would say they were just right :D
I was told the same from an old builder, that knew Glidden fairly well. It was a consensus...Thanks man.

561 - 580 of 615 Posts