Yellow Bullet Forums banner

281 - 300 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
18,863 Posts
I understand the edge of the seat feeling, me too. Really just need to adjust Cal Tracs, clean, and do a once over. Oh yeah, unload a mint 69 Cougar, I was thinking of building as a big tire car. Hmmm 427 ci, I bet it would be in the 8s. Just me thinking. I am stopping by to work some issues out at the engine shop. I will bring the dog a sausage mcmuffin, we been sharing them for the last 5 months.
Good luck at Norwalk do they have Wednesday night races all race season long?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
They do have it most wed. I did not get to go. Long story, but I did drive around the block, big difference from before. Keep you posted...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I understand the edge of the seat feeling, me too. Really just need to adjust Cal Tracs, clean, and do a once over. Oh yeah, unload a mint 69 Cougar, I was thinking of building as a big tire car. Hmmm 427 ci, I bet it would be in the 8s. Just me thinking. I am stopping by to work some issues out at the engine shop. I will bring the dog a sausage mcmuffin, we been sharing them for the last 5 months.
a 427 Ci would be nice ride,

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
They do have it most wed. I did not get to go. Long story, but I did drive around the block, big difference from before. Keep you posted...
Looking forward to some new times.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
I cant wait to see a time slip either. , I have learned not to be in a rush, when it comes to racing. I just like the sound of 427, has a ring to it. Thanks for posting...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Your last video choked me up.....

I’m more impressed by this one than any of the others...

Thank You Mike, It came from the heart. Thanks for watching. Healing is taking place. I am ready to continue my vid series, stay tuned.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Here is the test drive of the 409 Cleveland, and.......

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Here is the the next in my series, test drive the 409 Cleveland, and...

·
Registered
655 Posts
great vids. I watched the videos in the engine shop its was awesome seeing Donn sitting in the background and off camera telling you what to do haha.

reminded me as a kid going to the engine machine shop with my dad two old brothers that built all kinds of motors in the 1950,60,and 70's. I remember every time we'd walk in they'd tell my dad you still wanting to race, just drink beer its cheaper lol. They helped my dad with a lot. he had a shoe string budget and could barely afford much. But they helped out as much as they could.

Guys from that generation come off tuff as nails but they have hearts of gold.

Keep your head up and remember he wants you to get that 409 out there and run.

I'm looking forward to more vids.

BTW your bud helping with the engine install and first fire up has a majestic A.F. mullet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The car sounds great bud, seems to respond well. 52 years, man that's a lot of years of racing with the same car. What times did Donn run with his 68?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
great vids. I watched the videos in the engine shop its was awesome seeing Donn sitting in the background and off camera telling you what to do haha.

reminded me as a kid going to the engine machine shop with my dad two old brothers that built all kinds of motors in the 1950,60,and 70's. I remember every time we'd walk in they'd tell my dad you still wanting to race, just drink beer its cheaper lol. They helped my dad with a lot. he had a shoe string budget and could barely afford much. But they helped out as much as they could.

Guys from that generation come off tuff as nails but they have hearts of gold.

Keep your head up and remember he wants you to get that 409 out there and run.

I'm looking forward to more vids.

BTW your bud helping with the engine install and first fire up has a majestic A.F. mullet.

Thank you so much. I am ok, just can't seem to get into for some reason. Yes, he would tell me thinks while "filming", as he would call it. I laugh now thinking about it. Everyone needs a helping hand once in awhile. That guy with the mullet, is Billy Ray Morgan, from California. Funny how it all worked out, him helping pull the 408, and put in the 409....Thanks for watching.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
The car sounds great bud, seems to respond well. 52 years, man that's a lot of years of racing with the same car. What times did Donn run with his 68?

Thanks she is running great. I know, he bought it brand new. . He was running 9.60s, with close to 400 lbs in the trunk. Said it would run 9 teens 20s.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Well I went to track on last night, and they had a rain out race for super stockers. I did not see that on website, when I looked before. So I loaded up, drove there. They had a nice tribute For Donn Rhode, his car made one last pass, driven by his buddy, super stock racer, Joe Buchanan. Not sure if this is applicable for this page, but just keeping up with continuity for my you tube site, and new developments with the Rhode Special 427 Cleveland, with heads by Darin Morgan, and Jon Kaase helping me with the aluminum TrackBoss Build.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Great to hear they had a day for Mr. Rhodes and his car. Thanks for the pinion info. Your car looks like new underneath.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Great to hear they had a day for Mr. Rhodes and his car. Thanks for the pinion info. Your car looks like new underneath.

Thanks Blake, new floor pans, 20+ years ago.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Here is latest Vid, pretty depressed on this whole situation, but now just got to change it up a bit. Looking for someone to finish trackboss, and keep moving forward.

281 - 300 of 478 Posts