Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if any interest in this, but making a video series, on 408 Cleveland I have been racing. Show the teardown, and build of Trackboss 427... Different perspective you don't see much. Let me know if your into it? Subscribe and share please.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I do. Only 20 minutes from home. I have been racing there on and off and National trails since 2000...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey man. Good stuff. I subscribed last night finally. Can't wait to see how my 408 responds to your advice. Did your 408 seem to use any oil? I know your exhaust is nice and clean.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man. Good stuff. I subscribed last night finally. Can't wait to see how my 408 responds to your advice. Did your 408 seem to use any oil? I know your exhaust is nice and clean.
Not at all. When I used to run vacuum pump, never even get an oi in breather set up.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not at all. When I used to run vacuum pump, never even get an oi in breather set up.
Ok, mine eats'er, don't know if its the low tension oil rings or oil ring being in wrist pin hole. Never leaked or used a drop til I went to the 408 with 6.2 rods.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, mine eats'er, don't know if its the low tension oil rings or oil ring being in wrist pin hole. Never leaked or used a drop til I went to the 408 with 6.2 rods.
I run a 6 inch rod, might make a difference. Low tension rings, and gas ported here.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does your oil ring land go through piston pin hole on the 6" rod set up. I've seen your pistons in other pics but couldn't tell.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Not sure if any interest in this, but making a video series, on 408 Cleveland I have been racing. Show the teardown, and build of Trackboss 427... Different perspective you don't see much. Let me know if your into it? Subscribe and share please.

https://youtu.be/1-XIDySCTBs
Quote so I can see link.

·
Registered
16,366 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
694 Posts
I run a 6 inch rod, might make a difference. Low tension rings, and gas ported here.
I just finished a 9.2 windsor. I went with a 3.85" stroke and 6.200 counterweight and 6.2 rod so we would only have to drill it to go internal on the balance. Randy did my pistons as well. Were you able to get yours to go internal with a 6" rod and 4" stroke?

badass video BTW. Keep em coming! I realized how great even the old iron factory cleveland heads were years ago when my buddy put a set on his 9.5:1 358 windsor bottom end and went 6.80s in the 1/8th on motor. then put a 408 under them with a bigger intake and they went [email protected] on motor. Love the clevelands!

1 - 20 of 374 Posts