Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome car, what rear suspension in it ?
I back halved it 30 years ago. It is a 4 link and until a year ago it was a 57 Olds. It is now a Strange heavy duty housing wit a Strange Ultra case and 40 spline axles. I kept breaking the Olds....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Start at 9 and come down
I had an original 1967 factory replacement MO 302 in this car 37 years ago. I shifted it at 8000 and it LIKES IT!!!! I had a 383 in it I shifted at 7500 and it just kept going faster the higher I wound it! I never went past 7500 tho....

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Doubt it would make any difference. What gears? Might actually help lower, I'd try that first. Try to get it to go through 7000 if that's where cams done.
Is a nice car, looks like a fun ride.

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
How heavy is the valvetrain? Are the springs up to the task?

Reactions: Redliner

·
Registered
82 Posts
Maybe the power peaks a bit later than 7000? I have a 400" sbc with a Mike Jones roller with only 258 degrees @ 0.050 and AFR 220 competition ported heads and it made peak power at 6900.

Chris.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There's a point of diminishing return with shift points. If you're shifting after the cars acceleration has plateaued, you're shifting too late. Focus less on the rpm number, more on how the car feels and the time slips. When you hit the sweet spots you'll know it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts