Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the biggest tire that will fit ? Its stock suppension, 10 bolt. We would like to put MT drag radials. Thanks

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
275/60-15 with a 15 x 8 and a 5.5 backspacing should fit well.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
28 by 9 MT slick, 15 by 8 rim with a 4.5 bs is what I recall with my old stock 10 bolt setup. It was real close to the outter lip. A 5.5" bs would have hit the inner framerail. Again, this is the MT slick. Though looking at the 275/60... ET Street Radial, it has a section width of 11.0" where the 28 by 9 slick has a 10.8 section, so? .... you may need a spacer in addition to a BFH... ;)

I think you meant to say ET Street Radial, not ET Drag Radial... because the ET Drag Radial really doesn't have a tire that'd fit. http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETDragRadial versus the ET Street Radial http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetRadial

Good luck.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, we just want to get the right wheel/backspace tire package, then we can play with spacers and the hammer

·
It weighs how much????
1,629 Posts
15 x 8 wheel with 5.5 backspacing and spacers. I rolled the outer lip and took a BFH to the inner wheelhouse, and both a 28 x 10.5 M/T slick and 275/60 drag radial fit fine. I have pictures at my fquick page in my sig below.

PS: You can even get a 295/65/15 radial on an 8 inch rim under, but it's a tight fit!

Derek

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I ws told a 15*8 with a 5" bs is the ticket and no spacers or a 15*8 with 5.5 bs and you need to space them out .25" to .5".

I would liek to know this as well as I am looking at tires and wheels right now and want to run the 275 drag radial too.

James

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My Nova had 28x9 M/T slicks on 15x8 wheels with 5" backspace.
Close on the inside and out. Fendewell lip was rolled and the inside had to be massaged some. The car also had a stock 12 bolt in it. I think the 12 bolts about 3/8" of an inch wider than a 10 bolt in these cars. Rancho rear shocks in the stock location too.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Thank's for the info guys, I'm working on a 71 nova I got for a street car and I'm trying to put a set of 275-60-15 tire's. I got a set of centerline telstar rims 15x8 with a 5'' backspacing. :smt023

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Super/Street

Let me know if those telstars work. I am looking at the sanders wheels and 275's.

Thanks
James

1 - 16 of 16 Posts