Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reverse engagement a little slow...makes a short squeak or squeal as it grabs.

1-2 shift good.

2-3 shift makes same short squeak. No flare. I don't notice any overlap feeling or bog. Shift feels good...just the squeal.

It just started doing this. I have no knowledge of a 727 internals, but the noise makes me think of a band or clutch "cinching up" tight on a spinning drum or a clutch engaging (or letting go).

This is in a minor hotrod street car. I have no history of the trans. It does have some reprogramming, makes firm shifts.

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need to add that when cold I have little pump whine in N and drive...goes away when warm.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Reverse and high use the same clutch pack.

By your description it is ready for PB&J.

Stop now before it does real damage.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has an aftermarket cable (A Lokar or similar) bolted to a Holley. There is no slack at closed throttle...begins to pull as soon as the throttle is opened. At WOT the cable is pulled tight, completely.

There is no add-on adapter arm on the Holley...just attached to the bottom/lowest hole on the stock Holley throttle arm....does that make sense?

Thank you both.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ,,, guess I'll limp it on through.....we don't have much good weather left here...fix it come fall.

Are any upgrades mandatory for 3400 lb street car with say 450 hp/500 lb tq?,,,,,,besides quality rebuild and a cooler?

·
Super Moderator
19,698 Posts
Maybe a billet steel drum so that if you ever have a roller clutch failure, you will keep your legs intact and the explosion won't put your ashtray up around the rear view mirror.

Hutch

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...I thought the ash-mirror was a rare option...everyone wants to fine one.

Thanks Hutch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts