Yellow Bullet Forums banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Quite a bit done, but not really much to show for it :(

Finished off the other water feed extension piece, not got round to getting them welded yet.

Put the engine back in the car again, getting repetitive :ROFLMAO:

Oil pump mount is all good now, so now can get on with the plumbing. I waved the oil filter round the engine area for what seemed like an eternity, before I found a suitable place. I can’t finish off mounting, till the oil pump primer arrives,hopefully within the next week to 10 days.

i know in the photo I’m using the fuel filter for an oil filter, but physically their the same

Also trimmed the fluid drip tray, to clear around the starter, happy with how it turned out in the end.

Also found a place for the alternator, just need to fabricate a proper bracket, luckily enough my CAD (Cardboard Aided Design) was able to come too the rescue again 😋

As I said earlier, it doesn’t seem like much, but progress is progress.....

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
So quite a bit has been going on the last few weeks.

My electrical package turned up, so have been busy running wiring looms, checking their routes, plus fitting numerous connector plugs to suit the looms.

In addition to the wiring, have been finishing off the Oil supply lines, also fitting oiling primer system.

Also been fabricating & fitting brackets for items such as, Ride Height Sensors, Engine Bump Buttons, alternator brackets (75% Comp) Solenoid Brkts, etc, etc. Battery Box finished & mounted,

I decided to redo the door lower hinge mounts, to make the doors easier to take off/put back on. Nothing to complicated, just a longer pivot than the top hinge & with a nice taper. I also changed the internal door handle, utilising a pair of aparachute mounts. A lot more substantial & feel nicer to operate.

There’s always a list of jobs, but gradually getting through them. Finally have ordered Rods, Pistons & Rings, I hope to get them all in the next 3 weeks. One piece front is about 2 Weeks from finishing.

Oil Filter & Primer

Alternator Brkt

Elec Box & Elecs

Door handles

ECU download plug

Dash & Shift Light

Ride Height Sensors

Engine Bump

Battery Box

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Incredible workmanship, I should travel to Pod just to see this in person. My hat is off to you sir.
Many Thanks, I’m still battling on.
It’s nice to see there’s still a few reading this thread, as it doesn’t seem to get much traffic, comments :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Your car is fantastic, I have read your thread many times.
The whole forum thing has been slowing down, seems like there is a bunch of future broadcasters these days, they forgot how to spell so the make a video.
Do you ever go to the turbo forums? I have never seen you post there.

221 - 228 of 228 Posts