Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
If your going to get into the 5.30s you might as well do it right and go with a full TRZ set up, Housing, bars, and ARB. You get strength and tons of adjustments.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
If your going to get into the 5.30s you might as well do it right and go with a full TRZ set up, Housing, bars, and ARB. You get strength and tons of adjustments.
kinda thought I was doin good with a GM block,trans,&rearend….lol;)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I went 1 step further and drilled out the mounting holes on the frame, welding in some bushing and now I have 9/16 bolts for all control arms. Parts have come a long ways with these cars, I remember when dick miller was the only option.

·
Registered
62 Posts
what do you do to reinforce the factory 4-link set-up to make it stronger? plate the connecting points, weld in some doublers?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
kinda thought I was doin good with a GM block,trans,&rearend….lol;)
when you make the power to run 5.30s you will be much happier. These cars are not light and it takes power and getting off the line pretty hard to run low 5s.

·
Registered
759 Posts
when you make the power to run 5.30s you will be much happier. These cars are not light and it takes power and getting off the line pretty hard to run low 5s.
30'S should happen at ducks feb race for me....been 1.23&1.25 just startin to lean on it some what..

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
30'S should happen at ducks feb race for me....been 1.23&1.25 just startin to lean on it some what..
I been 1.25 on a crappy track here. We are also planning on going in February. Hopefully can really get aggressive with timing and boost

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That’s a lot of front suspension travel.
And the camber goes negative big time.
I would use tall ball joints up top and make suspension travel limiters.
I am working on getting some weight off the nose this winter so I don't need all that travel to make it work(aftermarket front brakes, battery relocation, glass hood, etc). I would like to go back to the original rubber bump stop up top vs a the cut down one I am using.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts