Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving on the interstate today my RPMs shot up suddenly and I lost acceleration. I pulled over and tried every gear and got the same result, very little acceleration with high RPMs. Thankfully I was ale to limp it back to work. I'm thinking torque converter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing happened to mine, I'm sending it out for a rebuild with hardened internals and got a new converter.....shit sucks right?

·
Creepy Ass Cracka
5,801 Posts
While driving on the interstate today my RPMs shot up suddenly and I lost acceleration. I pulled over and tried every gear and got the same result, very little acceleration with high RPMs. Thankfully I was ale to limp it back to work. I'm thinking torque converter.

That usually happens to newbie phucksticks...

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
How was it working before this happend? What kinda vehicle? Hows the fluid look? Does it have reverse? How many miles? Have you beat on this thing? Last but not least! Better go hit the newbi thread!

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts
TV cable misadjusted or TV valve worn and biased or hung up causing low line pressure and smoked the 3-4 and Fwd packs.........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was working OK prior to this. It wasn't hooking up as well as I thought it should and I speculated that I might need to change my torque converter in the future. It's in an '87 C10 long bed with a mild 350. I bought the truck about 3 months ago. The fluid looks good. I believe reverse worked the same way as the other gears. Mileage isn't correct. And I've beat on it a little. I really don't drive it too much as I try and ride my Harley as much as possible.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not sure what a drive shell is? But if He ment sun shell gear if it was broke it would not move sounds like a sprag problem may be the converter. But they usually wine and give you some type of indication that they're going bad. That is most of the time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts