Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
84 K10 with a 89-91 700r4, "corvette" stall converter so roughly 2000-2100 rpm. truck ran great and pulled great with the stock 350. Now i have a 383, Comp 276HR cam (224/230 @.050, .502/.510 lift) did not change anything, now the truck feels like something is binding and it has a rope attached to the bumper and holding it back. it doesnt want to shift out of first gear unless you let out of the as, otherwise itll just bounce off the limiter(i found out what my new engine sounds like at 6k). Has a constant pressure valve body. Transmission group on facebook suggested tv cable not adjusted as i had to replace it and the governer isnt set up for new engine. fluid isnt burnt, its nice and red. ANYONE have an idea? For what its worth i have 3.08 gears and a 32 inch tire, will be changing to 4.10s as funds come cause im a po boy.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I agree with the TV cable out of adjustment. I am doing a 82 K5 and built a very similar 383 like u and has 35 x 12.5s. I'd try adjusting the TV and see how that works for you

·
Registered
19,352 Posts
Since you changed the TV cable, that's what I would look at-was the old one 1 piece
and the new one 2 piece (adjustable?)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you changed the TV cable, that's what I would look at-was the old one 1 piece
and the new one 2 piece (adjustable?)
not sure, it was a stock replacement from summit i believe. ill look back at my orders and see

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was actually from O'Reillys

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you change carbs? Holley and Edelbrock have bolt on levers to maintain correct 70R4 geometry. That combined with an adjustable TV cable and correct cable bracket will fix what you’re describing
i went from a quickfuel 600 to a quickfuel 780. i made sure to get the holley linkages for it. have the holley stamped steel throttle and tv cable bracket.

·
Registered
555 Posts
by what you described, id say that the t.v. cable isnt set right like others mentioned. what i have found common is guys set the cable up like a th350 and if the 700 still has the fail safe ball, it will shift very late and firm. once you get the cable set right, it will probably shift soft and early and a governor recalibration kit would be a good idea. and also when you go to a shorter gear, the shifts will get even earlier and softer. gl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts