Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to build a street strip El Camino, already got a stout 383 and now been offered a 79 v6 truck cheap or a small block 70 thats quite expensive but mint what are your views on these cheers

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
79 is smaller and probably lighter. The 70 is better looking and easier to work on, and will always be worth more, especially if the body and interior is all done. I built an 83 Camino and loved it, but I would choose a 70 over it.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
70 all day

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
G body if you don't want to dump a bunch of cash into it to go fast. 70 if you want a vintage muscle car that cost you your left nut.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Are you on crack !!! 70 !!!!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
And the 79 will have smog issues in states like California that the 70 will not.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I seriously question your taste if you would even ask this.. I don't get it..

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
79 is smaller and probably lighter. The 70 is better looking and easier to work on, and will always be worth more, especially if the body and interior is all done. I built an 83 Camino and loved it, but I would choose a 70 over it.
THIS, i had one years ago that ran 12s with a mild smallblock... if i had the choice today it would be a 70, just cause i love the 70s muscle...

·
Registered
832 Posts
70 for sure.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
70 wins in looks all the way around. Needs a big block
79 is ugly but will work well with a small block.

12 bolts were offered for the 70. Easy to find as they share a frame with Chevelles.
G body only offered the 7.5/6 except for Buick GN/Types and Olds 442's which had an 8.5

Resale is in the 70
Speed is in the 79

I'd go '70

1 - 20 of 24 Posts