Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sucks getting taken-out when you least expect it, particularly if you were innocent.

Road-Rage inspired or did someone(s) mega fuck-up?

Seven (7) killed after motorcycles and pickup truck collide in New Hampshire and three (3) injured. That's a full rack of bowling pins there.

All over news, one report stated it happened 700ft away from entrance to where the bikers were staying.
JMHO: 700ft kind of indicates the bikes were going slow/slowing....leaning more towards bad driving than road-rage as cause.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Not too far from me.
The bikers were former Marines all out riding together.
Hope it wasn't road rage related, but they're being tight lipped about the whole deal right now.
RIP Devil Dogs...

·
Señor Member
33,787 Posts
RIP

·
Registered
38,409 Posts
I'm going to bet on the Ram 2500 - a 7500 pound ride - flying down that road and whose driver either simply lost control or drifted over into the other lane due to some distraction (texting, dropped something). Look at the carnage and what it did to the truck - that sumbitch was bookin' it.

What a terrible thing... :(

·
Registered
24,823 Posts
I'm going to bet on the Ram 2500 - a 7500 pound ride - flying down that road and whose driver either simply lost control or drifted over into the other lane due to some distraction (texting, dropped something). Look at the carnage and what it did to the truck - that sumbitch was bookin' it.

My money is on exactly what you said.

·
Registered
56,178 Posts

This. RIP

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You guys had me doing a double take. That was not just a RAM but a Ram with some sort of heavy-duty trailer w/ramps behind it- look at picture. That trailer looks to weigh as much as the Ram and it's two-three times the length.
A trailer hanging out/whipping sideways, man that's scary..

·
Registered
32,944 Posts
7500 plus that big ass trailer....

Sad indeed.

·
Confused Racer
41,671 Posts
You guys had me doing a double take. That was not just a RAM but a Ram with some sort of heavy-duty trailer w/ramps behind it- look at picture. That trailer looks to weigh as much as the Ram and it's two-three times the length.
A trailer hanging out/whipping sideways, man that's scary..

]
It was a gooseneck trailer so it was never whipping sideways. Dam you guys need to not just post to post

RIP

·
Registered
32,944 Posts
Another reminder that you never know when your number is up.
Make the most of every day you get.

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ouch!............. Can't get over that trailer. By the ejected bed-toolbox on Ram you know that trailer did some serious Jack-Knifing angles ... It dawned on me, you know there's a bike(s) under that trailers axles with those wheels/axles so high off the pavement... The parked-bike doesn't hide all.
I got to say a buddy of mine built a trailer to haul telephone poles (free) to his lake house to build his dock that was the longest trailer I'd seen but that thing makes it look short, especially with the 15-20ft overhang out back..
I'm no trailer expert but getting good/safe braking out of that trailer looks like Mission Impossible

·
Registered
16,958 Posts
Ouch!............. Can't get over that trailer. By the ejected bed-toolbox on Ram you know that trailer did some serious Jack-Knifing angles ... It dawned on me, you know there's a bike(s) under that trailers axles with those wheels/axles so high off the pavement... The parked-bike doesn't hide all.
I got to say a buddy of mine built a trailer to haul telephone poles (free) to his lake house to build his dock that was the longest trailer I'd seen but that thing makes it look short, especially with the 15-20ft overhang out back..
You are a dope...

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Educate me please, Explain why can't you achieve a substantial truck:trailer angle on a gooseneck trailer vs when using a receiver hitch?

IF that trailer got hanging out/brakes locked-up or? ... taking up lane(s) that could help explain how truck ended up on wrong side of road/lane.

It was a gooseneck trailer so it was never whipping sideways. Dam you guys need to not just post to post

RIP

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
I'm no trailer expert but getting good/safe braking out of that trailer looks like Mission Impossible
LOL

"I'm no trailer expert"

OBVIOUSLY.

·
Registered
38,409 Posts
Educate me please, Explain why can't you achieve a substantial truck:trailer angle on a gooseneck trailer vs when using a receiver hitch?

IF that trailer got hanging out/brakes locked-up or? ... taking up lane(s) that could help explain how truck ended up on wrong side of road/lane.

You can, but due to the forward positioning of the gooseneck mount compared to a receiver hitch it's far less likely (less leverage). I'd be really surprised if this accident had anything to do with the trailer (which I somehow failed to notice in the first picture) - and if the brakes locked up, all it would do is slow the entire rig, not whip it sideways. That road is fairly straight; nothing there in my opinion that would cause the trailer to whip sideways, either, especially a gooseneck. For what it's worth, the trailer appears to be a 40' (approx) 2-car hauler, commonly used by dealers to transport cars/pickups to/from auctions and other dealers.

I'm calling driver distraction - including the possibility that he fell asleep.

·
Registered
17,857 Posts
Uncle Bob, are you drinking early again?

1 - 20 of 361 Posts