Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting a 7.62 semi auto for shooting at some longer ranges than my 5.56 Amalite M4. Currently looking at the Armalite AR-10 T with the 20'ss barrel. I want somthing capable of 1 MOA or less but really don't want to get over about 12 lbs.
I'm also looking at the Remington R-25 but realize I would have to change the trigger to suit me ,adding $250-$300 to the cost.

I'd love an HK but the cost would be prohibitive. I would like to stay in the $1200-$1800 range.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
For a less expensive option, have you looked at getting a 6.8 SPC upper for your M4?

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For a less expensive option, have you looked at getting a 6.8 SPC upper for your M4?

No,I want another gun.
I think I have my mind made up and found a pretty good deal.
Armalite AR-10T NIB
20" SS match barrel.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I love my A10T, its a a sub moa gun once I got used to it.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Can't go wrong with an A10 heavy barrel. The only thing I'll say they are BIG. They look like a AR15 on steroids, built they are built like a brick shithouse.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the Ar-10T.
It should be here when I come in from work next week.:supz::smt070

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
LMT .308, I just put a deposit on one. Appartently better than the HK 417.

DefenseReview was informed (at SHOT Show 2010) that the British Army found the LMT .308 MWS MRP (LM308MWSE)/LM7/L129A1 battle rifle to be both more accurate AND more reliable under military combat test conditions than the HK 417. This is interesting, since the LMT .308 is a direct-gas-impingement (DGI) AR rifle/carbine, and the HK417 is a gas piston/op-rod AR. Hm. It would seem that piston-driven ARs aren’t always superior to direct gas ARs. Interesting. I wonder what publication has been writing about that very truth. Oh, yeah. That’s right…it was US!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts