Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I cant believe we are having a debate about an engine that was designed and engineered for 200mph and another for hauling dirt being being better. The LS7 had better be better! Ecspecially since it came with an 80k + price tag new. Now, if the truck motor evolves into an LS killer, ( huge shoes to fill) the LS worshipers are going to eat ALOT of crow. IMO every engine has advantages and disadvantages, the amazing builders on the site are more interested in a challenge that a specific package brings, more than brand.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,367 Posts
no didnt look at them 7.3s..my reply was for the bitching about using ls7 vs it stock for stock..so i was basically saying box stock to compare them would be better to the ls3..wasnt talking about worked over an the ls3 are not that great,if the 7.3 are canted then they should smoke even a ls7 once done up

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Just read ....
a Mamo top end runs $9k. Fuck Tony Mamo and a Ls7 top end. Said it on Ls1sales so any and everybody can see it. Yellow Tera rockers included.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Taking on the whole site.......Scott. Dude only post on civilian forums Vette or Ls1 sales. I posted NPS and what he's done...I'm a liar no one's out here with a factory intake making 750 or 610+rwhp. Dumb fucks didn't even read where NPS has his own castngs back in 2014. 750 at the crank or 620+ rwhp. When I said John B did 630+ with a factory intake and Greg Good heads... cricket's. They only compare what Mamo has done vs Ls1tech.
Mamo TFS 265cc heads are TFS 260cc heads with a hand job. SSR and bowl work. Any person dealt with would refer me to Brodix head before a small spring package TFS head.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Dark will get you some more info. BUT YES you are correct on the Hp with stock stuff. I wasn't involved with the shop at the time of this video. BUT LOOK AT THE DATE, 2012. 700+Hp stock LS7 manifold and throttle body:

But to be honest, we haven't done much on the stock casting head stuff since we started cast out own heads. I think we pushed the stock casting pretty good for the few years till the casting came out.
FYI with the casting AND stock manifold, 780Hp:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Love you guys... because your Builders ....thanks for the reload... I'm going back in guns Blazing. LOL.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Dark, FYI I know there was a post about some 9 second Vette's a page or so back. Surprised. Our guys can't seem to get these things to leave and 60 ft. We have about the same MPH as both those you posted, 139, BUT a year before those articles.

One thing we found out is on Velocity Injection's Mustang MD-AWD1750-DE dyno, the drivetrain loss was 18% @ 6200 RPM. The actual drivetrain loss is greater at 7200RPM, maybe as much as another 4%. We are figuring some of these cars have put out well over 800 CRANK Hp with the stock LS7 intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm with you....but 9000.oo dollars for a LS7 top end and ported MSD ready to go. Hell someone could make me a C5r or Canted valve head then figure out something for a intake....

Again more ammo...it'll be used.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Funny thing is I took Pro Comp castings and made a Ls7 head for a small bore with ER and Darin's help. So what the fuck is a 9000.oo dollar Ls7 top end with a plastic bottle neck about besides some bullshit.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Chris can make his own heads... . But porting will be the first options more than likely. I could give him a ring or text..I'm wanting to see how well they flow from what's seen it looks more on par with the LT heads in Runner placement and flow figures. No bashing and the stock as is LT runner is Huge...don't know the CSA but 300+ cc's and No where near the LS in flow seen. I haven't seen a 400 cfm LT head nor a 1000 HP NA LT. The LT head has a huge runner with the valve angles listed. I've asked about the LT head with it's DI and using it for a hi output NA head...was told stay with a LS head. So we will see with the 7.3 head, which flows about what a LT does on a smaller bore around 330 as cast and some are getting 370's with aftermarket castings or Factory 312+ CC's runners and larger intake valve.
Intake Valve Angle12.5° / Splayed 2.61°
Exhaust Valve Angle12.0° / Splayed 2.38°

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Interesting. I did nit know the LT head was splayed valve.

I think the 7.3 valve angles are
Intake 8.8 deg. / splayed 2.9 deg.
Exhaust 8.8 deg. / splayed 1.9 deg.

I'm pretty sure for maximum performance splayed valve(s) are desirable since both NHRA Pro-Stock and NASCAR engines use that design feature.

It's going to be very tough to tear the Chevrolet crowd away from the LS. Certainly possible the new 7.3 will get more development work from cubic inch happy, pushrod hungry Ford enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Interesting. I did nit know the LT head was splayed valve.

I think the 7.3 valve angles are
Intake 8.8 deg. / splayed 2.9 deg.
Exhaust 8.8 deg. / splayed 1.9 deg.

I'm pretty sure for maximum performance splayed valve(s) are desirable since both NHRA Pro-Stock and NASCAR engines use that design feature.

It's going to be very tough to tear the Chevrolet crowd away from the LS. Certainly possible the new 7.3 will get more development work from cubic inch happy, pushrod hungry Ford enthusiasts.
Are you perhaps getting splayed confused with valve cant and valve rotation. Cup cylinder heads have rotated valve angles like the old Cleveland. This 7.3 head and an inline valve head like a SBC and Windsor.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I like it...my question to self is & I try not to lie to self...what's gone be the availability of the hard parts and cost. Bigger piston is where the powers at is how I see it. The heads are ok from What's seen, yet the newer style large port heads don't generally go by CFM....I wanna see how it works out and what this head is capable of in a good Porter's hands. Still lots of development needed...Lifters and rockers = Solid roller ?

I don't know how true this is about the iron block cylinder thickness is but, LS guys still have a few tricks for any thoughts of a pesky new age Ford....
Dart LS Next Iron Engine Block 9.450 deck height
$2,716.30
Two standard bore sizes are available, 4.000” and 4.125”. Maximum bore of 4.220” for iron and 4.165” for aluminum, or optional Darton M.I.D. sleeve kit allowing up to 4.220” bore.

Just happy to see Ford with a big bore Small block ...how long will it last as it's a low volume engine....is the ?

I figure Ford will sale a bare block around $1200 to 2k

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I guess I'd have to see a drawing to be sure. LOL! I was told cup heads - Chevrolet and Ford have canted intake valves and rotated exhaust valves. I'm thinking canted and splayed are the same thing.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts