Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
They’re

LS7 heads are pretty amazing. Like 390cfm stock.

LS7 Cam has 0.595 lift which the most I know of for any stock pushrod engine. Obviously puny duration due to emissions though.
2 WRONG facts.

OEM LS7 do NOT go 390 CFM, 360 possibly @ .600 and fall off pretty good on our bench, like 330 @ .550. Now with our BN7 heads we cast, they will go well over 400 at .650, so about 100CFM at .650.

OEM L88 cam .600 lift

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
More like 360 cfm stock. Either way though LS7 heads get cars moving.

Cam only LS7 vettes with untouched ports are in the 9s naturally aspirated. Not bad for never having undone engine mounts or head bolts.
NO CAM only ZO6 run 9 NA without major chassis work, no where near stock style suspensions.

We have about 15 ZO6 that have top end kits, heads cams and the like. The better ones are over 800Hp and putting out over 650 to the wheels. 1 has ran a 9 NA, rest low 10's. BTW a stock zo6 on our Mustang dyno is 414 to the wheels. Our ported OEM heads will go 750 and all this throught the stock zo6 intake. We use our OUR proprietary head to go over 800Hp.

On of the problems is rim/tire for the big brakes. No sidewalls with that large rim and hard to get good 60 foots. Most are in the 137MPH range and a couple over 140 with the best going 143MPH. So YES power is there, just getting the chassis sorted is the issue.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
Not much supporting those cylinders....just saying ;)

Look at the core shift also....

View attachment 56322
That's not core shift. That's how it's designed. The cylinders get thinner toward the middle where they have additional support, and heavier on the end cyl where there is no support. They look very symmetrical to me. Looks like a nice casting.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Guy had chip, gears and cold air intake, was actually 315 but I had a hard time believing it myself. Ive got a stock 2007 for an everyday summer driver, good on gas and can still pass someone. Far from fast for today's standards, lol. Just saying that was only a 281 ci making similar power to the first LS's
Im saying its not similar at all. Same mods to ls cars were making 330-340’s whp vs 270-280 which is realistic. 300 out of a mod is a high dyno imo

·
Registered
594 Posts
Im saying its not similar at all. Same mods to ls cars were making 330-340’s whp vs 270-280 which is realistic. 300 out of a mod is a high dyno imo
IT'S A 281 !!! Even with your 280 whp that's 1 hp per cubic inch. Take your LS 340 whp with a 345 cubic inch motor and you've got 0.99 hp per cubic inch. Fairly similar but to me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
That's not core shift. That's how it's designed. The cylinders get thinner toward the middle where they have additional support, and heavier on the end cyl where there is no support. They look very symmetrical to me. Looks like a nice casting.
Right, thrust walls are thick, ends thick and center siamesed. I was wondering if they would make the cylinders decent, looks good to me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm wanting to see cam'ing/valve train with it's 60mm cam bore. Also the limit of the heads. The Port is raised and looks on the larger side but may have a short runner length. Flow seems to be around what the LT/Ls3 head flows not a Ls7 in the 360's range as is. I figure what Youngster G.Bryce said is correct.... about the factory, going with larger raised runner's with different valve angles and not smaller ports....add more lift, fill the cylinder? ??

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
NO CAM only ZO6 run 9 NA without major chassis work, no where near stock style suspensions.
That’s simply not true. It just takes a good tire and an exceptional driver in good track conditions. My buddy did it with a combo that dynod 540’s

hell a bolt on c6z has been 9.97 in 2011

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
I'm wanting to see cam'ing/valve train with it's 60mm cam bore. Also the limit of the heads. The Port is raised and looks on the larger side but may have a short runner length. Flow seems to be around what the LT/Ls3 head flows not a Ls7 in the 360's range as is. I figure what Youngster G.Bryce said is correct.... about the factory, going with larger raised runner's with different valve angles and not smaller ports....add more lift, fill the cylinder? ??
Runner length in the head is irrelevant. Just a matter of casting and packaging. Overall runner induction length is what matters. Bigger ports, bigger valves, more area, all works fine when you don't have to worry about a carb signal. 60mm cam sure makes short duration & high lift more practical for production. It's all about the combination. This induction will want some rpm with a carb. I'm trying to get my hands on a set of heads.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Got you Scott, White Lighting with the Ford LTD comes to mind. Nice sized with some balls. 800 na is a must.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts