Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
What do you se that similar to the LS?
Not an LS guy, but the rockers are very similar as well as upper block layout regarding lifter valley and head gaskets. No, not a copy but similar. Chambers are also similar, but of course the slightly canted valves and valve arrangement are different. The head construction looks like an adaptation of the mod motor design for this engine. Just what I noticed. Didn't say it was a copy. Just that there are a few things that are similar.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Appears that the heads have been hand ported?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Appears that the heads have been hand ported?
I thought it said just cleaned up but... Supposed to flow 320 from factory, if flow numbers mean anything. Said the factory 430 Hp and 475 Tq was with truck exhaust and intake. Torque is looking ok but not much better than an old 1971 400 Cleveland with 2v heads. But lots more potential I'm sure.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I hope ford intends on doing more with this engine then just powering a truck . It looks to me like a out right race engine. I want to call it a modern Cleveland with the canted valves . The ports look very long like you could bolt on throttle bodies straight to the heads really looks like ford consulted Roush Yates on. If this sees half the research and development the ls got I'd call it lsx genocide instead of Godzilla. If it doesn't it will lay down next to 385 series as the most untapped potential in automotive history. Made me look for 56 fairlane I've always wanted .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
All I can say is let me know when you get to 900 or better with cheap and plentiful Factory stuff... Na with either a Hemi or the new Godzilla. Least now Ford has a New bigger bore / Big Cubic inch option. I like it myself...I'm not brand loyal.
Who is making 900+ NA with cheap factory (production car?) stuff?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Lol, that wasnt even a real cam upgrade. They just got some extra lift put on the stock cam core. Stock low compression, stock springs, did you notice the stock throttle body still? Barely touched heads.. this thing will be a monster.. i would bet with a actual lift and duration cam swap and the usual mods these will go 650 easy..

·
Registered
18,388 Posts
Not really for a 445ci with heads that "look" like they should be capable of 800hp as they are, yet flowed only 320cfm. And they bolted on a tunnel ram that looks huge also, so no intake restriction there. But, we'll see if it gets better.
The LS7 was a 427 and 505 Horsepower with a Hot Cam no?And what was the compression ratio on the LS7?Would a different intake on the LS7 make another 80 horsepower?

·
Registered
18,388 Posts
I hope ford intends on doing more with this engine then just powering a truck . It looks to me like a out right race engine. I want to call it a modern Cleveland with the canted valves . The ports look very long like you could bolt on throttle bodies straight to the heads really looks like ford consulted Roush Yates on. If this sees half the research and development the ls got I'd call it lsx genocide instead of Godzilla. If it doesn't it will lay down next to 385 series as the most untapped potential in automotive history. Made me look for 56 fairlane I've always wanted .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Very Well said IMO!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The LS7 was a 427 and 505 Horsepower with a Hot Cam no?And what was the compression ratio on the LS7?Would a different intake on the LS7 make another 80 horsepower?
Ls7 makes 505 with stock cam. Theres cam only swaps well over 550 whp which is much closer to 625-650 flywheel on stock head stock intakes. Full exhaust obviously

The new 6.2 LT1 is even more impressive imo. 550’s whp cam swapped easily. Also a 600-650 hp range deal

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It was asked who's making 900 with Factory dirt cheap blocks and heads...later 900 + was seen.

I like the New 7.3 but ask myself a Honest ? What's the likely hood of a 7.3 will be at the local salvage yard and at what cost? Or the cost of a bare block, set of heads, and crank from the local Ford dealer. This is what needs to be addressed as it will be just a few that will be doing so...But as is, how many 7.3's are sold will tell how the pricing goes..

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
They won't be selling 7.3's in quantity like the 6.0 in high volume..so cost go ^

·
Registered
678 Posts
It was asked who's making 900 with Factory dirt cheap blocks and heads...later 900 + was seen.

I like the New 7.3 but ask myself a Honest ? What's the likely hood of a 7.3 will be at the local salvage yard and at what cost? Or the cost of a bare block, set of heads, and crank from the local Ford dealer. This is what needs to be addressed as it will be just a few that will be doing so...But as is, how many 7.3's are sold will tell how the pricing goes..
Stock ls3 heads are cnc?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Scott you just need a good porter with a CNC...? Your one you should know better. Eliminate the dry sump and replace it with a nice vacuum pump..to help cut cost.

Reactions: scott foxwell

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pretty cool, but can't help but notice some similarities with the LS engines.....And if the mod motor was so good, why didn't they develop that instead of coming up with a pushrod engine? Just from the looks of it, it's sort of a hybrid from a mod motor and an LS based engine......but it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.......
They’re
LS7 heads are pretty amazing. Like 390cfm stock.

LS7 Cam has 0.595 lift which the most I know of for any stock pushrod engine. Obviously puny duration due to emissions though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow 390 cfm stock, unicorns and fairy dust too.
I haven’t looked in a long time and quoted from memory. I’m sure an LS expert can chime in.

They can make 600rwhp with a big cam on a dynojet through the manual transmission they come hooked to.

21 - 40 of 156 Posts