Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Wonder what the valve head sizes are and valve stem length? I read somewhere it has 9 cam bearings. Looks to have some real potential. 4.53 bore center is impressive.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
And 60mm cam core.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You should go to Ls1..... When I posted the video...It's called the Big Heavy 600 HP is all you could get with a 445 cubic inch Godzilla...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
All I can say is let me know when you get to 900 or better with cheap and plentiful Factory stuff... Na with either a Hemi or the new Godzilla. Least now Ford has a New bigger bore / Big Cubic inch option. I like it myself...I'm not brand loyal.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Wonder what the valve head sizes are and valve stem length? I read somewhere it has 9 cam bearings. Looks to have some real potential. 4.53 bore center is impressive.
4.53 bore center is impressive with a 4.22” bore? The head gasket looked a bit skinny between cylinders. So the question is is an undersquare stroker desirable? It’ll be 482 at a square 4.25.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Pretty cool, but can't help but notice some similarities with the LS engines.....And if the mod motor was so good, why didn't they develop that instead of coming up with a pushrod engine? Just from the looks of it, it's sort of a hybrid from a mod motor and an LS based engine......but it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.......

·
Registered
16,436 Posts
Pretty cool, but can't help but notice some similarities with the LS engines.....And if the mod motor was so good, why didn't they develop that instead of coming up with a pushrod engine? Just from the looks of it, it's sort of a hybrid from a mod motor and an LS based engine......but it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.......
Packaging maybe a 445 Cubic Inch with SOHC's or DOHC's would be even wider than a Coyote!!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Noticed that the LS guys are are staying quite
Some of us are waiting to see if its any good.

5.7s can crack 600 with cam and heads, intake tract done right, and still be pretty damn streetable. Let alone LS3's and then the one godzilla has to worry about, the LS7.

Does anyone know what the engine weighs?

Anyone got a x-section of the intake that isnt the pic of the smaller truck engine?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
What do you se that similar to the LS?

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
What do you se that similar to the LS?
Not a darn thing except a skirted block...which the LS has no claim on. The LS is as close to a copy of the old Y block or FE as you can get. Nothing "original" there and sure nothing to brag about.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Its def interesting. Curious how strong the block is for boosted guys.

Gm LT1’s are well over 500-550 hp with just bolt ons tho. 470 whp auto 8 spd. 490 with 6 spd. Thats 550 flywheel+ on stock cam

·
Banksters Paradise
5,044 Posts
So 600 horsepower with a engine that's only been out for months with just a cam and intake change is not impressive?
Not really for a 445ci with heads that "look" like they should be capable of 800hp as they are, yet flowed only 320cfm. And they bolted on a tunnel ram that looks huge also, so no intake restriction there. But, we'll see if it gets better.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts