Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
The ZL-1 engine was'nt all that great. In fact it's more of a novelty for the company than anything else. Don Yenko claimed they would run 10.50's with slicks....they did'nt. They were in the 12's on stock tires, and mid 11's on slicks.
Way overpriced.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Had a complete rebuild done in the shop a few years ago. A complete spare "Winters" motor.
Bitch you’ve never seen a Winters engine other than on the interweb. Now get your ass back in the men’s restroom at the local truck stop and do what you do best, eating the cock.

·
Señor Member
39,232 Posts
The ZL-1 engine was'nt all that great. In fact it's more of a novelty for the company than anything else. Don Yenko claimed they would run 10.50's with slicks....they did'nt. They were in the 12's on stock tires, and mid 11's on slicks.
Way overpriced.

Yeah, the ZL1 wasn't all that great...nope. Remind me again how many wins Furd had in Can-Am racing...with its myriad of big block offerings. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Way overpriced.
From what I remember, the ZL-1 was basically a L-88 with an aluminum block. Horsepower was almost identical, just a weight savings and distribution advantage. I had an L-88 in a 69 Camaro, ran 11.80s with a high school (me) kid tuning it. Bone stock other than headers and gears. Your statement that ZL-1's ran mid elevens is probably true, but what other bone stock production cars (on slicks) would run those et's back in the 60's ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
From what I remember, the ZL-1 was basically a L-88 with an aluminum block. Horsepower was almost identical, just a weight savings and distribution advantage. I had an L-88 in a 69 Camaro, ran 11.80s with a high school (me) kid tuning it. Bone stock other than headers and gears. Your statement that ZL-1's ran mid elevens is probably true, but what other bone stock production cars (on slicks) would run those et's back in the 60's ?

A stock L-72 Iron 427 425h.p. Camaro would run mid 11's off the showroom floor with slicks. ZL-1's ran 10's easily.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.