Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody sucessfully install the complete 2 1/4 inch widened complete OER minitubs in a 69 camaro, These things are by far the biggest piece of shit repo part I ever tried to install, All ears if you have done these.

These are not the detroit speed parts, They are complete inner/outer widened replacement tubs.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yup, Put a set in my 69 firebird about 2 yrs ago, got them from jegs for $80 a side. I separated the two and just used the inners, and sold the outers at the swap meet for $70 pr ;) They fit just fine . The description says 2-1/4" but I cut my floor 3" and they fit fine. Big savings over the Detroit Speed. I just bought another set for my 68, and separated them again as the outers are different anyways , gave them to a buddy restoring a 69 and the outers fit ok.

I've done a few cars using the Detroit Speed tubs and I see no difference in fit between the two.

jmo........

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The inners aint that bad, I split mine and used a NPD outer and got it to fit in the car, I could not get the new 1/4 panel on with the complete tub in, What a PITA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts