Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, yes.. sort of a dumb question I know.. I purchased a original 69-barracuda 340-4-speed car just for the 340 core for a customer. Car has no title, but is otherwise complete, and not very rusty. all interior in the car, A-4speed trans, 8-3/4 posi rear, all glass, factory wheels, needs floors pans but otherwise when on my lift looked pretty damn clean! I'm not a mopar guy, just needed a std. unmolested engine core for a customers Dart rebuild. Would like to sell the body, thought about putting on racing junk, no title, so if would have no be sold only with a bill of sale as a race car build. I guess it would be a good SS project for someone. Anybody have idea what would be a fair asking price for the body?? Thanks- I'll add a pic later.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Car has no title, but is otherwise complete

The no title is the scary part. I just found a 340 Duster with no title and complete. Until you have your name on the Title someone else owns it....

Back to the question. In pieces if it has the Tranny setup and rear thousands of dollars. As a whole car the price will be what someone is willing to pay versus the risk but I would think 1.5-2k. Get a title and this number changes drastically.

Where ya located,
JW

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Wish you was closer, I would love to have the rest of the car. I would like to have the whole car. I have several complete 340s, one out of a 69 Dart.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Wish you was closer, I would love to have the rest of the car. I would like to have the whole car. I have several complete 340s, one out of a 69 Dart.
I have an X motor also but not sure of the date. If the car is not crapped out he can get good money with a Title. If it is a FB this is a highly desirable car for Mopar enthusiast. Otherwise Ebay it and make sure you sold documentation makes you free and clear.

JW

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,029 Posts
340S A body Barracuda which is what it sounds like and it is quite desirable. Check and see if it has the 4 piston calipers up front.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the reply guys. Here is a picture, not great, but the only one I had on my phone. I took this last week when we pulled the engine. Motor was locked up, as it sat outside for a couple years with the hood off and no air cleaner.. Dumb-asses! When I tore the engine down it still had 69' date code bearings, the motor had never been cracked open. I acquired the car from a person that owed me money for a job I did for him, like I said, I only wanted it for the engine core for a customer that needed a 340 as his block had spun mains and just wasnt a good candidate for rebuild. Now I don't know the cars past, I do know the guy I got it from has had it for 10yrs, sitting in front of his body shop. Said the original owner had died?? Now I have no way to prove anything he says, but I have seen the car at his shop for at least 7-years I have known him. this is what I was told. he gave it too me for a job I did for him, And I called it square. I thought about making a race car out of it myself, but im not a mopar guy, and already have too many projects. What else is new.. I guess maybe I should just part out so theres no re-course? Last thing I need is a clusterfu$%k over an old pos car.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I might be interested in the grills if they are intact and maybe the rear chrome trim for the deck lid.

·
Moderater
13,467 Posts
Would be worth a lot more it it were a 68...;)

·
Registered
42,105 Posts
I would do a title search, learn what happened and get the paperwork if possible. Do you even need a title for something that old? It's been off the radar for 10 years, if it has numbers and isn't stolen, you should be able to paper the car.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a 69 Dart Swinger, 340/Auto car. My dad got it new for drag racing. Turned it into a Stock Eliminator car. My uncle has the 68 Barracuda 340/Auto Formula S they raced in 68. I remember riding in them when they were new, also tow barring they to the race tracks back in the day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts