Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theyre supposed to be stronger than other years. Can anyone tell me how much power you can make with one.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
about 950 before it splits to the cam bearings and that is if you do not have any detonation and use the 4 bolt main conversion

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
if your gonna spend money on the conversion, might as well save a few coins and go all out. get a dart. then you can go BIG! but it really all depends on how fast you want to go. and how big your gonna make it. I put together a street windsor '74 block 393 but decided to step up and put a s-351 block together (440 cu in), just didn't wont to break a good block putting to much power through it

·
Registered
16,474 Posts
9.27 @150 mph (3250#)

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if your gonna spend money on the conversion, might as well save a few coins and go all out. get a dart. then you can go BIG! but it really all depends on how fast you want to go. and how big your gonna make it. I put together a street windsor '74 block 393 but decided to step up and put a s-351 block together (440 cu in), just didn't wont to break a good block putting to much power through it
Well, my original plans were to use the 331 rotating assembly I have, and get a Dart block. Then I remembered I had this 351. Its sitting in my brothers shop. Out of sight out of mind I guess. lol Its already freshly bored .030. So I would leave it like that. Just weighing my options.

·
Registered
16,474 Posts
Ok, I was shooting for the 9.0 range. How long has it lived for you ?

5yrs. It ran the 9.2 on N2O, it's been running 9.9 for the last couple yrs. NA

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome. I know the rods need replaced. How about the crank ? I ran the stock one in it before, but I was only around 600 on juice.

·
Dr. Greenthumb
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Im really thinking of selling my 331 rotating assembly, and buying one for the 351 block. Especially if the crank can take the punishment. Im sure about 800 will be all the power it will ever see. Y'all think I would be better off doing this, or continue with the 331/Dart setup ? I would have to get an oil pan. Im going to a turbo. So Im going to have to get headers either way. I can get an intake with no problem. I havent priced the 4 bolt conversion yet either though.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
IF you can get an older 1980's era SVO block, most of them were solid between the cylinders...
and were all four bolt caps.
many possible main bearing diameters...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts