Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
WHO DAT???
15,737 Posts
Your project looks nice, but are you sure you're leaving enough room for the drive shaft movement with that DS safety loop??? Looking at it I thought you must be building an IRS car but with those four link brackets in place obviously not....Anyways it looks as if you are off to a good start!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
That's plenty of room for the driveshaft.
The build looks good! I've been waiting to see a thread like this. Looks like you are moving along pretty fast. Tell me about your chassis table, clamps, etc. I've been considering doing one of their kits for a while but I've not built a chassis table yet. Always curious as to what different people use.
Amyway, best of luck, keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your project looks nice, but are you sure you're leaving enough room for the drive shaft movement with that DS safety loop??? Looking at it I thought you must be building an IRS car but with those four link brackets in place obviously not....Anyways it looks as if you are off to a good start!!!!

Thanks, the driveshaft loop is not welded in place yet.
And I see I have to add McAmis to this computers dictionary.

again thank,
Tommy

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's plenty of room for the driveshaft.
The build looks good! I've been waiting to see a thread like this. Looks like you are moving along pretty fast. Tell me about your chassis table, clamps, etc. I've been considering doing one of their kits for a while but I've not built a chassis table yet. Always curious as to what different people use.
Amyway, best of luck, keep the pics coming!
So far this is the best fitting prebent kit I've used (2 RJRC, 1 JBRC and 1 Alston) but keep in mind I purchased the body with the kit.
The table is made of 3/8 plate with a frame under it. We drill and tap as needed for hold downs or clamps.
One note we are not "bad ass chassis builders" as Tim McAmis can build this in 7 days, but we'll keep trying.:)
thanks,
Tommy

·
Registered
708 Posts
TommyP - Thank you for the shout out and creating this build thread! You are doing one hell of a job (as always) and it looks like it is coming together quickly. Good Luck on the rest of the build and i can't wait to see the finished product! If you have any questions you know where to reach me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've got a stupid question.....when dealing with one of the TMRC kits, is it absolutely necessary to have the body? I can afford one, but not the other right now and I am dying to get started! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I've got a stupid question.....when dealing with one of the TMRC kits, is it absolutely necessary to have the body? I can afford one, but not the other right now and I am dying to get started! :rolleyes:
That is not a stupid question (I get that question a lot because customers have ordered chassis kits from other places and got the body and there were some issues with it fitting). With our chassis kits each body/chassis have its own set of chassis prints that are designated for the particular body you are using, the same prints that come with the kit are the same prints that are used for the cars we build in house. When we build an in house car we always build the chassis and mount most of the components before the body is even completed from the composite shop or the vendor. There is no chassis/prints that we use for multiple bodies. Hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Good! I plan on using one of your bodies so I hoped it wouldn't be an issue.
Awesome, That is great to hear.. If you have any questions of any kind shoot me an email or give me a call.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TommyP - Thank you for the shout out and creating this build thread! You are doing one hell of a job (as always) and it looks like it is coming together quickly. Good Luck on the rest of the build and i can't wait to see the finished product! If you have any questions you know where to reach me.
Thanks Billy, I'll be calling for parts soon.
Tommy

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As Billy stated, not a stupid question at all. I had the same concern about the fit as well. I had the good fortune of meeting Bob from McAmis at the PDRA race at VMP and he took the time to answer my questions and concerns about the body fitting the chassis kit. And he assured me that the body would fit within 1/8". We test fit the body to the chassis and it was a spot on fit. Hope this helps, and thanks for looking at this build.

Tommy

1 - 20 of 227 Posts