Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
bought this one late 70's, for arounds $1500. drove daily for about a year. had it parked in front of my dad's house on a busy street. 3am, a drunk fire fighter off duty hit the ass end and pushed it into a lite post
Charger 2.jpg

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Let's face it. To buy a '68-'70 Charger today, you're going to spend $65,000-$100,000 to buy a really nice one (depending upon drivetrain). Why spend $30,00 on a shit box in order to spend another $50,000 on a proper restoration? You're best bet is to spend the money up front for a clean one and enjoy it. Like this one...

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
For what it's worth, my very first car was a '69 Dodge Charger (318/automatic combo) and I'd love to buy another. Unfortunately, that's never going to happen due to the exorbitant pricing. I don't even know if there's any 318 cars left, as everyone wants the 383, 440, 426 Hemi cars and I'm sure all of the Slant-6 and 318 models have been converted over to the big blocks today. I can dream though! If I had the opportunity to buy another one, I'd buy a clean driver and drive the shit out of it. Rotisserie restored examples have no place in my garage, as I like to use 'em and abuse 'em.

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
This one's for sale over here, £58K

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
The guy selling the one in the OP lives about 15 minutes from me. I've never met him but he always has some kind of B body for sale, and they are never cheap, nor do they stay around long. Buddy has tried to buy a couple from him. One they couldn't agree on money. Other one was a '65 Plymouth that didn't have a title to it. My buddy passed when he found that part out.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Deals are still out there.
Last September, I bought THIS '70 Charger, $5000 and the original 383 came with it. I had to replace the front frame rails so I used a whole clip from a '70 Belvedere. It is a roller now.
XH 31.jpg
Repair 31.jpg
Repair 48.jpg
112.jpg

I'm into the car for about $5500. The only rust is in the trunk floor and a couple of nickle sized holes in the lower quarters.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Beautiful machines and they quit making them a long time ago. If you want to play you got to pay.
I guess beauty must be in the eye of the beholder...all those square front and rear ended late 60's Dodges are ugly as fuck to most of us. They're only worth something because most of 'em were wrecked, crushed or just rusted away sitting in a driveway just like the rest of the cobbled together cheap ass Dodge stuff.

Flame on, Mopar lovers!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I guess beauty must be in the eye of the beholder...all those square front and rear ended late 60's Dodges are ugly as fuck to most of us. They're only worth something because most of 'em were wrecked, crushed or just rusted away sitting in a driveway just like the rest of the cobbled together cheap ass Dodge stuff.

Flame on, Mopar lovers!
I'm a GM guy, specifically Chevrolet but I would absolutely love a 68 charger. My dad had one for a while, which is a story in itself that I will share once I have the details fresh from him. An older kid in high school had one. He was a senior when I was a freshman he drove that thing in a ways that would have had Bo Duke freaking out. He had a string of engines in it. Mostly 440's but an occasional 383 and even a Hemi for a while. Blew up everything he put in it... I remember one time the quarter was caved in. I asked him what happened. Well he was drinking with some buddies and he claimed he could whip a shitty in a 2 car garage, his dad's. He couldn't... Unfortunately he died of cancer in his early 20's.

So "most of us"? I don't think so. Worth something because most were wrecked? You perhaps have a point there.

·
Registered
15,076 Posts
I remember reading that they went thru 13-14 an episode.
No. As Schneider says in his recent video, they destroyed about 2 cars per episode, due to the 2 jumps per episode methodology.
there were 147 episodes and about 350 DOH cars created. The math works out pretty well.

·
Badrooster
19,293 Posts
No. As Schneider says in his recent video, they destroyed about 2 cars per episode, due to the 2 jumps per episode methodology.
there were 147 episodes and about 350 DOH cars created. The math works out pretty well.
Yeah, not saying that I believed it. Sounded a lil outrageous.

·
Registered
15,076 Posts
Apparently is was somewhat rare for a DOH to survive its jump....far more common it was the last courageous act of a kamikaze Charger.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Never understood the allure with these cars , my father was even a die hard ford guy and liked them. They were never fast/quick in stock form , and they are big cars. Maybe I’m missing something but they are no better looking to me than a roadrunner. And both of them are waay less appealing than a 70-74 cuda. Would never in a million years pay 30k for one needing that much work, but someone is probably dumb enough to.
Because of this. Every kid sat in front of the tv on Friday night at 8pm to watch The Dukes of Hazard

41 - 60 of 81 Posts