Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
$1900-2500? I will buy all you can find me in that shape for that! Assuming the work was done to a high level what does it cost to put new quarters, trunk, floors etc. in a car including parts and labor? $5-6K? And they practically all need it now. I could see $10 - 15K but 30K seems outrageous. Maybe he has seen too many episodes of Garage Monkey and thinks everyone is going to chop his price in half!

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
I'll be the last person to defend that price....BUT, a Roadrunner is a glorified Belvedere, yes? A Super Bee a glorified Coronet? GTO a glorified Lemans....etc. A Charger is a CHARGER, and for that it will likely always have pretty good value. Just sayin.

·
Aviation Section
23,924 Posts
I'm a Ford guy but I've always loved the coke bottle styling of those chargers. Absolutely beautiful. (and 67-69 barracuda's, but I digress...)

Yeah, 30 grand is way over the top but on the other hand, if it sells..then that's what it's worth. If it doesn't sell, that is the truth it is overpriced or "what the market will bear"
Then you would also love 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix cars, I have one (421 tri-power 4 speed, power everything) and that is one of the features of the car I love. Dave

·
Moderater
12,282 Posts
Waaaayyyy better off buying one that’s done..spend 50k and save 40k..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Buddy of mine bought a non running '68 R/T almost 30 years ago for $1800. Got it running, had some fun with it, and sold it 4 years later for $5500 and thought he fucked the guy who bought it. A couple years later the '68-70 prices went through the roof. You can barely buy a rusted out shell today for $10K. I've looked at some pretty rough 318 cars that the guys were asking $16-20K. It would not surprise me if this guy gets $25K for this one.

Makes me glad A bodies haven't gone totally insane yet.

·
44,072 Posts
I've looked at some pretty rough 318 cars that the guys were asking $16-20K.
I see lots of rough 6 cylinder 1st gen Camaros with those same asking prices,....but just because they are asking that, doesn't make them worth it,...and doesn't mean they'll ever sell them for that.

I very rarely see or hear of someone actually paying those prices....but man do I see them for sale at those prices.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Seems like Mopars go up and down in value. My buddy has a #'s matching original 440 six pack Super Bee that was worth over $100K a few years ago, he says he can only get about 70 for it now.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
They all go up and down with different markets and demands. 1969 Z28 guys were saying we're close to 100,000. But some of the cars are now 50-70,000. Demands are just not like before. And therefore prices go down. Not just Mopar, its' all cars.

·
Registered
15,083 Posts
Seems like Mopars go up and down in value. My buddy has a #'s matching original 440 six pack Super Bee that was worth over $100K a few years ago, he says he can only get about 70 for it now.
I guessing the car is a 69. That’s an “A12” car along with the 69 440-6 Road Runners. Those were the first 440-6 cars and the only until 70 came around. Yes, years ago they spiked in value and have come back down some since. The AAR and T/A trans am e bodies of 70 also did the same thing at about the same time.

·
Registered
12,685 Posts
You forget its a GLOBAL market now, just because you dont value it at that, loads of folk around the World perhaps would, if that scares you how about this?, this is a spare Cali shell, English reg with a V5c (same as your "Title")
Thats hanging in my shop and would sell tomorrow x20... for $12K in your money

Attachments

·
LS Powah!
10,526 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Never understood the allure with these cars , my father was even a die hard ford guy and liked them. They were never fast/quick in stock form , and they are big cars. Maybe I’m missing something but they are no better looking to me than a roadrunner. And both of them are waay less appealing than a 70-74 cuda. Would never in a million years pay 30k for one needing that much work, but someone is probably dumb enough to.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts