Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
35,660 Posts
68-69 Chargers (and parts for them) have absolutely gotten stupid and it's not all Barrett Jackson's fault, either. I think it's one of the most attractive body styles ever but the reason I don't own one is clear in that Craigslist ad - $30,000 for one that still needs one hell of a lot of work.

·
44,071 Posts
Non matching numbers. Someone else did all the metal work. Tons of work left. Not worth the asking price.

·
Aviation Section
23,915 Posts
Not the original motor, could be an original 4 speed car and if it is it has a Dana, they are still asking waaay too much money! Dave

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yeah the prices are up there. I bought a nice 68 a few years back. Completely stock 383 car. Paid $43k from a dealer. I sold it a year later to buy a 69 Charger and a dealer bought it for $59k, listed it for 85!. Not sure what they ended up getting for it but it was only available for a week or so.

I don't think the above car is worth 30k but wouldn't surprise me if it got close to 20.

Here's a cheaper alternative- 1968 Dodge Charger Charger RT | eBay

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I'm a Ford guy but I've always loved the coke bottle styling of those chargers. Absolutely beautiful. (and 67-69 barracuda's, but I digress...)

Yeah, 30 grand is way over the top but on the other hand, if it sells..then that's what it's worth. If it doesn't sell, that is the truth it is overpriced or "what the market will bear"

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a cheaper alternative-
I don't know about that. LOL

Your basically buying the VIN number areas with this deal, but worse yet, even the VIN/data tag in the pic is rusted to hell.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I look at these ads and think that I am glad I'm an old fart. I got to play with these cars when they were cheap and plentiful.

These ads are also the reason that I built an altered to go racing with. I have a complete, finished car that runs 9 flat for less than they want for that Charger.

Granted, I'm not streetable, but I wanted to go racing.....not cruising. I built a whole race car for what some guys have in their body alone......then they gotta power the heap.

My wallet ain't that deep.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I look at these ads and think that I am glad I'm an old fart. I got to play with these cars when they were cheap and plentiful.

These ads are also the reason that I built an altered to go racing with. I have a complete, finished car that runs 9 flat for less than they want for that Charger.

Granted, I'm not streetable, but I wanted to go racing.....not cruising. I built a whole race car for what some guys have in their body alone......then they gotta power the heap.

My wallet ain't that deep.

·
44,071 Posts
It will take 40k to finish that car, and that with you doing all the work yourself. So, now you're into it for 70k. Is a non-numbers match car worth that?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

Your basically buying the VIN number areas with this deal, but worse yet, even the VIN/data tag in the pic is rusted to hell.
Agreed! My point was it doesn't seem like 5k is going to get you much more than that.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
25,988 Posts
Too bad the Dukes of Hazard depleted so many.

·
Registered
15,076 Posts

I’m not seeing a pic of the VIN tag, but this car is nowhere near just a “numbers/title purchase”.

Crazy 2nd gen charger prices I agree, but if this is a real R/T Black 4spd car I could see someone making a deal on this. Gotta figure 27k would take it. Would I pay it? No, but someone will.

·
44,071 Posts
I’m not seeing a pic of the VIN tag, but this car is nowhere near just a “numbers/title purchase”.

Crazy 2nd gen charger prices I agree, but if this is a real R/T Black 4spd car I could see someone making a deal on this. Gotta figure 27k would take it. Would I pay it? No, but someone will.
He's talking about the one in post #10. The "cheaper" alternative. That's the one he quoted when saying it was a numbers/title purchase.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts